Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wavemakers: Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector Wavemaker.

I just got mine and I LOVE IT! It may not be the perfect wave-maker but it does a very good job of distributing your flow all about in several directions. I just installed it onto my Nano-Cube 12g DX (upgraded to the MJ-900) and it ROCKS! These things should be mandatory especially for smaller tanks. I am planning to get one on my next order for my home tank (10g AGA with MJ-900).

Allen :)

BrothaWolf

Wavemakers: Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector Wavemaker.

I just got mine and I LOVE IT! It may not be the perfect wave-maker but it does a very good job of distributing your flow all about in several directions. I just installed it onto my Nano-Cube 12g DX (upgraded to the MJ-900) and it ROCKS! These things should be mandatory especially for smaller tanks. I am planning to get one on my next order for my home tank (10g AGA with MJ-900).

Allen :)
Wait till it starts blowing off and ends up laying in the bottom of your tank

BrothaWolf

Aww man don't say that.. that's what SUPER Glue is made for :)

and then when it stops rotating cause its all jammed up and you need to clean it... I loved mine also for the first week. Im sure I can come up with something to keep it on there Im just lazy right now

odstar

Wait till it starts blowing off and ends up laying in the bottom of your tank

It happen to me as well, but I just use some super glue and it still working fine. I would also look into getting the Hydro Koralia powerheads as well. There are a few threads about them here.

lcstorc

Right now you can't get the 2 or the 3 since they were recalled. They should be re-releasing them soon.

Jorgens

I got a pair of the 4's.. there really nice...quiet.....I'm contimplating on geting another pair and hooking them up to a wavemaker...

flricordia

It happen to me as well, but I just use some super glue and it still working fine. I would also look into getting the Hydro Koralia powerheads as well. There are a few threads about them here.
I looked at them. Wouldn't they be too big for 12gl?

kimoy

i have 2 of the deflector hooked up to my return without any issues. it's been a month now.

DrHank

I hope that it continues to work for you. I've heard too much negative to buy one. Those of you that have one would be wise to run it in vinegar every couple of months. I've heard that helps keep them from falling apart.

Lynn, the recall should be over. I was one of the last in line to get my pump 3 replaced (which does work great).

Mike, I think that a pump 1 aimed at the front glass might work fine but you would have a lot of flow. Wouldn't recommend it with Rics.