Howdy!

coralman

Well i thought i would say hey! Hey! I have had a saltwater tank for about 3 years now. I started with a 55 and now currently have a 90 reef that i bought this summer with a tek t5 light . I am in the process of adding my old 55 to the system and linking the two tanks togather. The idea is to make the 55 into a seahorse/display refegium. The thought process is that both tanks would benefit from a lrager water volume for stability,the seahorses would benfit from the oversized sump i currently have and togather balance each other out on my underconstruction home made enetertainment center! Ill try and post pictures when i get a second!
:dance:
Thanks!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :hallo: and welcome! We'd love to see pics of your systems.

I do want to warn you on one point... you probably wont be able to tie the Seahorse tank into the other system as they usually require different water temps. Most SH tanks are on the cooler side of things.

coralman

Hello :hallo: and welcome! We'd love to see pics of your systems.

I do want to warn you on one point... you probably wont be able to tie the Seahorse tank into the other system as they usually require different water temps. Most SH tanks are on the cooler side of things.

Hello , yes you are correct. I run my setup at 75-76 so i am limited two types of seahorses. I have been consulting with seahorses.com on what species would work best!