How To Use a Phoseban Reactor

recole

Can someone advise me on how to install a phoseban reactor in my sump. 75 gal mixed aquarium? The sump( apx. 15 gal) is a three compartment sump.( leftside,water inlet with a sock and skimmer;middle, the return with auto top off switch; right side, refugium.)Where is the best place to put a reactor? and do they really work to reduce phosphates? By the way, I have an outbreak of hair algea in my well established tank. This is the reason I think I need the reactor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have two of them tied together. But if i had one, I would connect it to a dedicated pump in the sump. So, Do you have a spare pump for it? (powerhead). Sit it outside the sump, one line to the reactor one line back into the sump. Very easy. i think they came with directions also. Multiple ways to set them up.

wonderloss

Mine is set up like Frankie's. I have a Maxi-Jet powerhead to pump the water. Very easy to set up.

Regarding where to put it, I would say in whatever compartment (other than the refugium) where you have room.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Here, I found the directions

Attachments

• CCF11122007_00000 (Small).jpg
    CCF11122007_00000 (Small).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 66

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I run then after the UV so the flow is like this 90-100gph pump UV outlet to reactor inlet reactor outlet to the sump

lcstorc

I have 2 reactors daisey chained together with one pump running both. One runs Phosban and the other runs carbon. They both hang on the outside of my sump. The pump is in the return area of the sump.

radar

I had a hair algae out break last summer. my lfs rented me a sea hare. In a week it was gone. These things work great.