how to put the Tunze 9002 in place in a 130d ?

Hey steve, you have the skimmer mounted on the left hand side of the rear rather than the right side, my question is, it looks like you inverted the black plastic mechanical filter so instead of lying horizontal it is now lying vertical??? am i right?

Also, what is to the right of the inverted black mechanical filter? is there something there like another filter or a fine media? It is hard to see with the picture what is lying under the water.

Thanks for the posts!

At the minute I have the 9002 mounted at the back of the tank on its own, with the filter and old 130D skimmer removed................... is this right or wrong?? Seems to fit, just about!

Just a word of caution.. when slottting the InTank media rack in position, make sure it is the correct way round. I stupidly put it in the wrong way round first of all, (twat), got it jammed between the water 'teeth' inlets and almost could not get it out lol...
Now it is in correctly it works fantastically.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Hey steve, you have the skimmer mounted on the left hand side of the rear rather than the right side, my question is, it looks like you inverted the black plastic mechanical filter so instead of lying horizontal it is now lying vertical??? am i right?

Also, what is to the right of the inverted black mechanical filter? is there something there like another filter or a fine media? It is hard to see with the picture what is lying under the water.

Thanks for the posts!

At the minute I have the 9002 mounted at the back of the tank on its own, with the filter and old 130D skimmer removed................... is this right or wrong?? Seems to fit, just about!

Look at the dates of the posts in the link I sent you. This was BEFORE the media basket was invented. I had the skimmer mounted more to the left of the chamber with the sponges creating a shelf to hold filter floss.

Shortly after setting it up like this I realized a media basket was needed so I made a crude looking unit that doesn't resemble much of what I sell today.

Sounds like you have it mounted like I did.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Just a word of caution.. when slottting the InTank media rack in position, make sure it is the correct way round. I stupidly put it in the wrong way round first of all, (twat), got it jammed between the water 'teeth' inlets and almost could not get it out lol...
Now it is in correctly it works fantastically.

D'oh!

that stupid piece is the reason I have to off set the brackets for the shelving.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
I still have it mounted the old way. I highly recommend it actually since you do not have to remove or set it free to remove the basket. Most mount it to the basket since there are no DIY skills needed for that.

I still never liked having the water not hit filter floss first and using sponges as a shelf was a risk of nitrates. Plus putting chemi-pure in the chamber of death was a PIA. So the media basket was made early on after I got the skimmer. That was when I still had lots of free time to make things for myself :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Eddie - look forward to your report back on the new 9002 & how the media rack works out for you !

Have you decided to mount it the the media rack or the back wall?

I can't remember do you use an ATO?

redsea reefer

Eddie - look forward to your report back on the new 9002 & how the media rack works out for you !

Have you decided to mount it the the media rack or the back wall?

I can't remember do you use an ATO?

I gonna mount it to the media rack cause now with nothing in the chamber of death, chemipure and purigen will go there. So, I won't have to remove the rack for 3 months at a time. Filter floss can be changed without taking out the rack...

No, i dont have an ATO Glenn.

Ahhh, no more noise from the skimmer and 2 degree cooler water temp...:dance:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I think that is exactly how I would start off with it too !

Keep me posted... quite & two degrees cooler will be very nice... !!!

I have read they are a bit sensitive to water level, so I would be very very interested in your report back... if a bit of top-off a couple times a week (without an ato) can keep the 9002 skimming along nicely, I would be interested too...

redsea reefer

I think that is exactly how I would start off with it too !

Keep me posted... quite & two degrees cooler will be very nice... !!!

I have read they are a bit sensitive to water level, so I would be very very interested in your report back... if a bit of top-off a couple times a week (without an ato) can keep the 9002 skimming along nicely, I would be interested too...

will do..