how to dip

vrr

i keep reading about all these different dips iodine dip fw dip hot dip well nobody said how to i got ZOANTHID EATING NUDIBRANCH and need to get rid of them how would i go about doing that and saying do a freshwater dip then a iodine dip means nothing to me when i dont know how to do them

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I use Coral RX and I know it works as I've seen critters in the bottom of the bowl after dipping. I usually use Coral RX, quick rinse, then an iodine dip, rinse then she's good to go (for me).

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I think you have to buy flatworm exit to really kill nudi's. Zoas, I do a 5 minute dip in Coral RX, the a FW dip with a drop of flatworm exit and a shot of lugols.......let it sit for 5 minutes or so then rinse them clean with tank water.........works for me but no coral RX dips for SPS.....just a quick 5 second swish.....otherwise it will kill them (the SPS)

vrr

now a fresh water dip im going to assume is fresh ro water at tank temp and what is an iodine dip

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
now a fresh water dip im going to assume is fresh ro water at tank temp and what is an iodine dip

I use a buffer to equal the ph of the ro water at tank temps. I've never used coralrx however I have had success ridding corals of fire/bristle worms with a freshwater dip. Good luck. Corals u may think r dainty creatures however most have proven themselves incredibly resilient.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
An Iodine dip is just what it sounds like........get some reef iodine (lugols) and then put 1 or 2 drops in the FW you are using (depends on how much water you're using) and let it sit for a little. Iodine is used like an antiseptic.....helps corals that may have been damaged or are having problems.

There is a caveat to all of this - over time everyone comes up with their own process (we'ev given you some examples).......and as Matt said, corals are resilient but every now and then you will lose a coral.......a small price to pay for keeping your tank pest free IMO.