How to decrease noise?

Seahorse1

from overflow box going to sump. I have one of those little CPR pumps on top of the overflow box to suction out the air bubbles. But the noise I think is coming from the 1" hoses going to the sump. It's like there is a lot of air being picked up by the overflow and not enough water coming in, but the more water I had the higher the level in the sump. I have an open/close valve (not sure what else to call it) in one of the hoses, I've tried from closing it a bit to all the way and the noise just gets worse, so it fully open. The plastic mesh in the overflow to protect fish does pick up a ton of bubbles, so I'm not sure what to put in there that would decrease this. Any suggestions?

Jeremy0322

Are you letting the drain tube empty the water above the water level of the sump or below the water level of the sump?

Seahorse1

Just underneath the water level in sump, inside 'the sock' (I have an Eshopps sump with large 7" sock).

D3monic

are you talking about the toilet bowel gurgle effect? If so then you can add a T to your drain line and run a pipe up just above water level. This will allow the air to escape but not water and rid yourself of the slurping sound.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
are you talking about the toilet bowel gurgle effect? If so then you can add a T to your drain line and run a pipe up just above water level. This will allow the air to escape but not water and rid yourself of the slurping sound.

Any chance you have a pic of a link to a pic how this looks?

Seahorse1

Ok, let's see if I got this right, here come the pics of the setup.

Attachments

• 75gtank&seahorse 016.jpg
    75gtank&seahorse 016.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 75gtank&seahorse 018.jpg
    75gtank&seahorse 018.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 16
  • 75gtank&seahorse 019.jpg
    75gtank&seahorse 019.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 75gtank&seahorse 015.jpg
    75gtank&seahorse 015.jpg