How to clean rounded glass

Hongkonger

Any suggestions on how to clean the algae off the rounded section of the glass. I was thinking scotch brite pad but don't know if that would scratch the glass. How does everyone else do it.
Cheers

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I use algae scraper pads on the silicone corners of my tank, though I assume they'd also work well in rounded corners depending on the support piece of the scraper.

mtk

Tom do you use that on your rsm 250? I was afraid to try it on the acrylic since it says it is for glass.

GregT

I use a 0000 'white nylon sanding pad' from my local hardware (Bunnings) that's rated for as safe for cleaning glass. Never wears out and hasn't scratched the glass after 18 months use.

tnwillia

Richie, yes i do, 250 is glass they also make the same insert for acrylic, I have both and used the Acrylic one for my sump. Have fun!

Jof

This a brave statement & I'm sure someone is gonna get the wrong idea..........

Stockings are excellent in the rounded corners. Just 'scrunch' it up in yer hand and get rubbing!

If you've any doubts try it on your windscreen / windshield. Use it my truck all the time, (but only when I know nobody is watching me in the truckstop).

tnwillia

It works great Glenn, It lets me get into areas that are blocking my short handle by my MP-40s. Remembering the corner crack threads this also gives me far better control of the pressure I put on the coralline to scrape it out. Just pop out your existing blade and give it a try, have fun!