How Should I stock my 220 Reef?

Mcvivor

Hey all, I had a crash in my 220 gallon reef and need to sorta start over. I have my remaining fish in QT now. The QT tank has a yellow tang, tomini tang, fox face, a perc clown, hippo tang, 6 line wrasse, scooter blenny, and a cleaner wrasse.

I lost the rest of my fish due to an ich outbreak. I took all my fish out and put them in QT now I am waiting the 8 weeks to ensure ich is dead in my main tank. I now need some ideas and suggestions as how to restock my tank.

My corals and crabs in the tank now are: cleaner shrimp, coral banded shrimp, reef lobster, pepermint shrimp, camel shrimp, some snails, urchin, serpant star and a conch.

Lets take a poll and see what ideas I get. Thanks everyone!!

Last edited:

Mcvivor

Oops, I forgot to tell you what corals I have, I have a 12 inch LTA (as seen in my pic). some polyps, mushrooms, bubble coral, sponges.

Trademark

Did u ever come to a conclusion of why you had the ich break out? If it were me I would maybe just stick with fish I have,, what fish did you lose? What was the last fish you put in the tank. How do you make sure that ich is gone in 8 weeks? I personally have not had an outbreak, But I am searching for answers incase I run across it myself. Just trying to learn. Thanks for all your help in advance

acroboom

What Lighting Are U Using.. Vho's Are Underused And They Perform Well Especially If Supplemented With Metal Halides....

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thread moved to appropriate forum to address nature of situation.

Before you go and start adding the fish back could you tell us about your quarantine and what you did for the ich problem?