How many tanks do you have?

How many fish or reef tanks do you have?

• 1 tank

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 2 tanks

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • 3 tanks

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • 4 tanks

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • 5 or more tanks

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
4- 75G reef and 50G reef at home, 37G reef at the wife's office and 12G nanocube at my office.

I will be adding number 5 once I get space cleared at the house, a 75G FOWLR.

sharks

Contributing Member
4 at home
6G goldfish tank, 13G mini reef, 72G ROWLR, and 120G SPS reef

1 at my sisters house the 220G FO tank

Should I count the 220+ tanks in the LFS? :D

Last edited:

TDEVIL

well, right now i only have 5 running, 4 are fresh

im slowly taking the freshies down :( as i dont have the time to take care of all the tank anymore

i do have a 110 that i hope to actually get running this year, lol

Jay

sarah

HI, i have changed my vote to 5 because i have set up a 20 ukgallon tank for my Mantis shrimp named Johnny, lol

Sarah xxx

nigle

Oi!

I have to change my vote to 5 tanks!

Have any of you seen the new mag that is out called CORAL, it's from Germany and is the english version of Koral that has been out for a couple of years. The first issue was about sea horses, the second issue is about nano reef, I.E. from 1 PINT to 20 gal.

I got all excited about trying another one [since I started with a 5 gal set up that I bought 'set-up' from my 'nice' LFS] and so since I had the tanks, I thought it would be a good test since nano's are so much harder to keep going than larger tanks.

The first pix is the mag.

The second is a 'hex' tank I used for my bettas.

The third was a spare tank I bought for $1.00 at petsmart 'see what a $ will buy rack.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

nigle

Oi!

They were set up on Saturday 1 May [a good date to remember]

I used live rock from another LFS that is for the most part 'rubble' but they were full of featherduster worms. I used premixed 'Nutri-seawater' for the water, it is also 'live' and in the hex tank I 'seeded' the coral rubble 'sand' with sand from my 29 as a test [that is why there was more 'sand' at the bottom.]

This morning I added about a 1/4 of a tea spoon each of DT's just to give it something to work with. They are by a south facing window but the light is completely indirect [as the pix show its very 'soft' looking light.] No other lights will be added. I needed to add heaters since the house is still at 60+ degrees, but that will change as the summer comes along. The tops are almost 'sealed' so evaporation should be at a minimum to help with big changes in salt %.

I might add snails or small blue leg hermits, but that is it. This is going to be an experiment to see 'what happens'.

I think it will be fun!

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

kfra

i have 4 with water including the tank with ghost shrimp for the sea horses, then there is the qt tank. But i also have 4 other tanks set up for lizards and a tortus.

BoomerD

My wife said she felt ripped off, because the poll didn't have a category for "Too Many!":D