How long have you been in the hobby

Sapphire

Coming up 2 years for me - I'm still on my first ever tank of any kind - an RSM130, but have purchased a 170g which will get going after our wedding......

swissgaurd

my first tank was freshwater, i was around 8 years old.bred guppies.
kept freshwater for 14yrs.
moved onto saltwater 22yrs ago.

omg i havent been without fishtanks for 36yrs.

i guess im addicted.
i love it

vic

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
I have had fishes since the 70s; SW since the late 80s

My first tank had a slate bottom. Anyone remember those days?

acemow

We always had FW when I was growing up, I was afraid of the big pleco.!!So I'm amazed that 10 months ago I developed an instant addiction to my inherited reef tank!!

I walked into a pet store 11 months ago with my ex gf (then she was my gf). she REALLY wanted a bunny. I wouldn't have it. so we looked at the fish. then we looked at the saltwater fish. :drool:

Who doesn't believe in love at first site?! Long story short. I broke up with the girl because I spent too much time on the aquarium. now my current gf thinks I'm nuts. and I'm pretty sure if we brake up, it will be because of the tank.

I'm already trying to convince her of upgrading. (you know what I'm talking about). haha

Miltonic

I've been into reefing for about 7 months and cannot believe how fast time has gone by since that day I started learning about saltwater. I have also been keeping fw since I was like 8 and currently also have a planted fw tank running.

r2d2

Another rookie... 1 yr with FW and 7 months with SW. Right now I have a 55g planted FW with discus and south american cichlids but Im thinking into sell them to turn 100% to SW.