Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 40 years+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I kept primordial ooze

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cartman89

Seemed like I started just yesterday but it has been at least 3 years since I had my 55gal filled up with fresh saltwater. Now I have a 125gal and feeling smarter every day. This hobby is expensive, addicting, and a time waster (both bad and good ways) but it's fun and you get SMART. SO how long have you been in this hobby? Saltwater of course!

lcstorc

Fresh, most of my life we had a tank.
Salt, just passed the 1yr mark. Boy what a year. Very rewarding, and very difficult, and very expensive all rolled into one.
Would do it again in a minute, even now, knowing what I am getting into. I had no clue at the time. LOL

BoomerD

Not counting the goldfish I had when I was a kid, over 30 years, and over 20 years with salt. Once Instant Ocean came out with a quality product, I jumped in with both feet. Home-made undergravel filter, crushed coral, and dead coral skeletons...wow...beautiful...

heh-heh..I prefer the look of a nicely aquascaped live rock tank MUCH more. In fact, I gotta decide what to do with the boxes of dead coral skeletons stored in my garage...

Witfull

Once Instant Ocean came out with a quality product, I jumped in with both feet.
late arriver~ i had to bring water home in barrels. but i was lucky enough to be in hawaii~

Cougra

25 years including freshwater tanks and coming up on 7 years with saltwater! Wow, it still seems like yesterday when I started up my saltwater tank!

john

3 years now and it has been an expensive challenge.best thing about this hobby,you learn something new every day no matter how long youve been in it.love it!!!!!!

lcstorc

Most days I think it is not a hobby but a lifestyle. LOL
If I am not doing something with the tank I am reading about reefs or taking pics of my tank. There is always something going on

mps9506

Been doing FW since I was a little kid with guppies. Started breeding angels and rams when I was 12. Got into SW when I was 18. So, 13 years on freshwater, 7 years on marine. Probably never would have gotten so heavily involved in the hobby if it wasn't for the dern internet.

billyr98

Fresh since a little kid... 29g tank in my bedroom back then.... so I was about 8.. I am now ... WOW 28 :( So like 20 years in aquariums but 2 in salt!

dobejazz

I've always had aquariums Tried salt back in the late 1990 or so and failed miserably. I've been back in for a little over 1 1/2 but put 2 since I learned from my prior mistakes!

Gina

RS STAFF
Not counting the Goldfish I used to bring home from the carnival after tossing a ping pong ball into the bowl......3 years!

blue_eyes53813

lcstorc said:
Most days I think it is not a hobby but a lifestyle. LOL
If I am not doing something with the tank I am reading about reefs or taking pics of my tank. There is always something going on

LOL say it with me "REEF ADDICT":) were all here for you and welcome to the club...