how fast does monitpora grow?

cheebman

hey my fellow reefers,
im purchaseing a frag of montipora saturday and i was wondering how fast they grow?

my water parms. are alway dead on the money, have lots of flow and 250watt metal halide w/ 2 65watt compact floros..

thanks

I have a small orange frag of Montipora that was given to me about 4 weeks ago. It's already encrusted onto a rock it was touching and seems to growing fast. I really like the orange because it glows under the moonlights. I placed it in the middle of my tank, and I have t-5 HO's. It's probably one of my easiest corals to maintain. It seems to need nothing but light.

Wolfgang8810

i have had mine for 4 months and it has shot off 5 new ledges. The only thing is they dont need or like to be blasted with flow. Aim for a medium flow area. They are really cool i hope you like yours as much as i like mine :)

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
with an alkalinity of 7-9 mine grow like weeds after 9 upwards to 11 they signifigantly slow down

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Jen I don't think it is. I think they need much more light than you're pushing into your tank with CF bulbs. I could be wrong but they are fairly medium high to HIGH light coral.