• Surge Device

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Hang on Back filters

Votes: 23 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 10.2%

• Total voters

CAReefer

I run 2 tunze 6100's on a 7094 controller. In addition 1270 gph return pump on Ocean Motion Super squid with 4 corner outlets.

cracker

Craig,I have a 200gl. For NOW I'm running the 36 externally.intake is a 1.5" bulkhead ,1.5 " return up the back and a 1.25" ring with 10, 1/2" outlets. I appear to get good flow with it. Having to experiment for best volume versus flow.

cracker

The 36 is rated at 3600 gph at 1' My prob is ithe Mag 36 isn't listed on any head loss charts. I called Danner, now get this ,The rep I spoke with wasn't able to come up with a pump curve chart and never returned my call! So I really have no idea what kind of flow I'm getting.I'm experimenting with differant manifolds of varying diameters and number and sizes of outlets.

Craig Manoukian

Way cool Min! With 6 feet in head, you have a net flow of 3,000 GPH. 6 feet of head is about average depending on the height of the stand and the number of 90 degree elbows in the return line/manifold.

Last edited:

cracker

The headloss calculator at RC needs Specific INFO on each pump on the list to figure changes in pipe diameter. I think it's a pump curve chart.
http://www.pricepump.com/pumpschool/...h_Contents.htm
Please check lesson two
The flow rate chart MIN posted uses the output diameter of the pump to figure gph/ height.
Increasing diameter of the return side greatly improves the pumps performance. But the headloss calculator at RC doesnt list the Mag drive 36 so doesn't have the specific info needed . I apologize for the confusion and if I'm missing something please tell me. Min ,Froggy at RV can explain it a lot better than I! He has a gift for explaining pump issues in clear understandable terms.

MINIATUS

So if i understand this right, having a larger diameter on the return will give less restriction therfore less head loss. This would then allow more flow thru the manifolds. Im I on the right track.

MINIATUS

cracker

Min, YES! Larger diameter pipe increases GPH up to a certain point.Please consider looking into this subject further. Did I blow the link I posted? There is real good info there.:thumbup: