how do I catch crabs in my tank

ness1952

I have several crabs of various sizes in mt reef tank and as yet not a problem but I would like to get rid of them

BLADEYAMAHA

Just start by hand, are they dwarf crabs, they should not hurt you at all.
agcwelcome29.gif

tnwillia

use a small glass setting at an angle with food in the bottom near where they are. overnight they will go for the food but not be able to get back up the glass sides. Have fun!

immerume2

Deadliest catch. Throw a crab pot in there and give it a 24 hour soak. You are sure to pull up a pot full.

Haha... jk

Glass idea sounds like it would work to me just make sure to angle as Mich as possible with the front where the crab can get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

+1 ^

[video=youtube;QTRjbE5T5fs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRjbE5T5fs[/video]

Waya

I know of a good massage parlor that you can catch crabs at.....oh in the tank try the bottle and bait trick.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I used a small version of the plastic soda bottle fish trap, instead of a 2 liter bottle, used a 20 oz. plastic pepsi bottle. Cut the top 1/4 off and invert it and glue it to the inside of the bottom portion of the bottle. Add a little scallop, squid, shrimp of your choice and place in trap. Place in bottom of tank near where the crab lives and take out the next morning. I tried using the glass jar method and my fish and cleaner shrimp just thought I was serving them up a treat in a dish. Also with the bottle method you can almost lay it horizontal depending on the size of the crab you are trying to catch. Good luck. I've been there. I now have a gorilla crab and whelk tank as my refugium.