hitch hiker IDs please, lots of pics

Blndbunny

If even working with Tampa bay Aquaculture to get some lovely fresh live rock for my new build. Tom dove on Saturday and was kind enough to send me some pics of some of the more interesting creatures that emerged from the rock, to see if I was interested in any of them. Well surprise surprise many of them I'm not sure what they are or if they are reef safe. Any help on what any of these are would be great. My new set is a 40g display 24x24x18 cube, with a total water volume of about 46 gallons

1) I believe its a type of cucumber?
15835655228_abfdd25f0c.jpg
[/url] image by jessica_haering, on Flickr[/IMG]

2) I think the two photos are the same critter, I know it's a crab and I think some kind of hermit, but he's oh so orange and adorable
15835643548_d1b1c97daa.jpg
15997281526_15a7e7b4ea.jpg

3) just a purple urchin, but I had to share
15835804970_a4dda84e53.jpg

4) arrow crab?
16023064615_86068d4bdb.jpg

5) no clue, coral, algea, I don't know
15835640348_b18558680c.jpg

6) bivalve?
16021110381_563d328b4e.jpg

7) coral
15835802540_30e7f1c661.jpg

8) coral, polyp or evil manjanos
16022372332_5d15648ac6.jpg

These are just a few of he pics that they sent me. Right now they are making sure everything is happy and healthy, and plan to ship everything to me later this week. So far I've got to say that this company has been fantastic to work with, and great in communication

Joeys Tank

The crab in pic #2 is a decorator crab and the coral in pics 7 & 8 look like cup corals (both I have had in my rock from Tampa Bay).

Blndbunny

I was thinking he was a decorator, but not sure. All I know is in that pic he looks darn cute, but he won't be good for my tank

Oxylebius

#1: yep, cucumber - keeper if small and if you plan to have sand in the tank (not recommended if you are going bare bottom), more on them here
#2: Dromiidae Crab - Specializes in carrying sponges and even zoanthids as a means of camouflage (more info here on it)
#3: yep, urchin - keeper
#4: yep, arrow crab - not normally reef safe, will reach out and go for fish on occasion and any shrimp you have in the tank, but great to get rid of bristle worms and flatworms.
#5: ??
#6: yep, bivavle - harmless phytoplanktonic feeder
#7: yep, coral - keeper
#8: is also a coral - keeper

Blndbunny

Awesome! None of this is in my tank yet, but they are giving me first choice on the critters :) 8 was the one I was the most worried about, but the growth pattern made think coral versus manjano.

sirrealism

Very nice hitchhikers. #8 does look like Manjo but I dont think we have them in the gulf. I think it gets to cold for them. I am really busy at work today but I will still try to get over there and take a look.

Blndbunny

I asked Tom about number 8 and he's said that they are in fact a coral, he says its some type of tube coral, and that when they find them they are typical just brown not bright green. It may be some type of blasto?

@Sirrealism, if you can make it by that be awesome, the pics he sent me are looking good. He said yesterday that the rock was very dusty. They are not planning to ship to me till wendsday or Thursday.

Joeys Tank

I asked Tom about number 8 and he's said that they are in fact a coral, he says its some type of tube coral, and that when they find them they are typical just brown not bright green. It may be some type of blasto?

@Sirrealism, if you can make it by that be awesome, the pics he sent me are looking good. He said yesterday that the rock was very dusty. They are not planning to ship to me till wendsday or Thursday.

The cup corals I have on my rock from Tampa Bay are brown on the outside of the coral and a bright/fluorescent green inside. They have popped up randomly on my rock over the last 5 months, they grow very well and then start to recede with a white skeletal remains (but the bright green tentacles are still there). Very interesting to watch them pop up.