Hi there, very new here

afterdark230

hey guys,

well I am trying to get myself into this hobby cause after looking at all of the photos from this forum and other forums I keep telling myself hey I can do that to.....

I am in the pre planning stage.... you know the one where your reading everything you can on the setup of the tanks,sumps,refms.... and getting really confused on how much equipment I need to start! what kind of lights, cooling and heating requirements "I live up in an area where we see -40f to 100f" luckly I have room to do a rather large sump and ref "likely 75-100gal" So any help or suggestions would be great... I do know this, I want at least a 120gal tank! but thats it so far. not sure what kind, or size or location yet as I want to put this in the bar, I will attach photos of different areas that I could put it. also any links to anything that shows you how to setup everything or parts of everything.

so for now I keep reading, and keep studying.
Matt:ponder2:

SJS

Welcome!! You are doing the right thing by taking time. You will save yourself a ton of money in the long run by planning and learning - not because things will go according to plan, but because you will have learned enough to have several backup plans when the first 3 plans go sideways!!!
It's a great hobby, this is a great site, feel free to ask questions and keep reading...

lcstorc

Welcome to RS. Impossible to comem up with a step by step process since all tanks are different. I would recommend a drilled tanhk with a sump and skimmer and a lot of good live rock.
The lights will depend very much on what you want to keep.