Hi Guys

Aearin

Hi everyone

Just wanted to Introduce myself as i'm new to the forum. I've been running a marine tank for about 2/2.5 years (BiOrb Life 60 - Not ideal i know). All the BiOrb bits had been removed, bubble tube etc and was just running with powerheads and live rock/sand.

After a while i've finally decided to upgrade and ordered a RSM C-130. The tank should arrive in store tomorrow/early next week. I'll start a thread up when it's unboxed and get lots of pictures going!

Wish me luck

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Congrats on your new beautiful RSM C-130 look forward to watching your new build !

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Aearin :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Congrats on Your UPgrade! Looking forward to seeing your progress with it in a tank thread.
After 5 posts you can share pictures. :D
Are you going to leave your currant set up running until your new tank has time to cycle?
Pictures of it would be nice, especially if you are planning to move your tank residents.
Very BEST WISHES....:biker

Aearin

Hi Aearin :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Congrats on Your UPgrade! Looking forward to seeing your progress with it in a tank thread.
After 5 posts you can share pictures. :D
Are you going to leave your currant set up running until your new tank has time to cycle?
Pictures of it would be nice, especially if you are planning to move your tank residents.
Very BEST WISHES....:biker

Yeah looking forward to it! Would be nice for a bit of direction and some suggestions etc.

Yeah I'll keep the BiOrb running until I can transfer all the inhabitants and make sure it's fully empty with the deep sand bed etc.

At the moment I've got a Halloween Hermit, 2 Red Leg Hermits, 5-6 Narc snails, a Zebra Damsel fish and a chunk of GSP.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hi and welcome to RS!!! Friendly bunch of helpful folks here, feel free to ask any questions you may have! :swmfish:

Snid

As you setup the new tank, it's best to not use the sand from the previous setup. Save a cupful of it and mix it in with an all new sand bed to help boost the new sand. Using all the old sand will be stirring up too many bad things and detritus that you don't want to transfer over. It's one thing when it's stuck in the bottom of the tank, something else completely when it all gets stirred up. ;)

Aearin

Tank arrived at 16:30 yesterday, finally got it back and got it built (instructions sucked!).

I'll get a photo thread up tonight hopefully and get it going.

Aearin

As you setup the new tank, it's best to not use the sand from the previous setup. Save a cupful of it and mix it in with an all new sand bed to help boost the new sand. Using all the old sand will be stirring up too many bad things and detritus that you don't want to transfer over. It's one thing when it's stuck in the bottom of the tank, something else completely when it all gets stirred up. ;)

Hi Snid

I've decided to set this tank up as an entirely new setup. I was using sugar sand in the Orb but I've opted for the thicker grain Red Sea stuff (pink something). I put the live sand in last night and it hadn't quite settled yet. I'm using the existing rock from my old setup though.

Just needs a good cleaning