Hi guys please check this for me

DaveK

This is a fairly decent attempt at adding a sump to a tank the really was not designed to have one.

If I were doing this myself, I'd have made these changes -

I would have put 2 drains using the existing predrilled holes. The returns I would have plumbed over the tank rim, and had them return at the opposite end of the tank.

I would have had far less baffles in the sump. Most people use way too many in diy sumps.

I would have used an external pump. I much prefer them, but by the time your done it will cost more.

DaveK

It's hard to say exactly how many baffles I'd use, because this depends on the sump design. Here are a few general rules as to number and placement.

You use baffles for two reasons. You want a bubble trap, or you want a different level of water in one part of the sump.

You usually want to install baffles in pairs spaced far enough apart so you can get whatever tool you plan to use in there.

Flow can be under or over a baffle. For a bubble trap you usually want the flow under one and over the other.

The return area need to be larger than you think. It's got to be able to hold enough water so the sump will not run dry. The entire sump needs to be able to contain all the live water in the system.