Hi everyone!

WendyMc

I'm new to this site, just wanted to introduce myself. Maybe someone will recognize my user name, it's the same as the one I use on RC. I'm new to the online hobbyist sites, but I've been in the hobby for 9 yrs.

I have a 12g nano. Inhabitants include various soft corals & LPS, (2) captive bred seahorses, & a pr of perculas. Light is 36 wt PC, filtration is an AC 20 w/polyfilter & chemipure, & a 2nd AC 20 mod to a fuge.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from this site. I don't do very well with the technical side of things, but I care deeply for the hobby & will always try to help out fellow reefers when I can.

Wendy

Witfull

welcome to RS wendy, anything we can help with we will. all that is required is love of the hobby and desire to learn...and you have that covered,,,enjoy your stay with us~

got any pics of your tank?

WendyMc

Wow, thanks for the welcome! First, I have to apologize for my crummy pics. This was my 1st attempt at capturing an aquarium, w/a very cheap camera to boot. Also, this pic was taken just after downsizing from my old 55g to the current 12g setup. Some of the things in this pic are bleached, many still ticked. My rose BTA didn't appreciate the total rescaping, & wondered across the tank wreaking destruction as it went. Shortly after this pic, I experienced polyp bailout on that poor branching hammer. Also, this is the only shot I got of 1 of my horses :rolleyes:, if you look REAL hard you can see her in the upper right.
Orange_Yuma_Green_Floridas2.jpg

I wish I had updated pics to share, but this camera went belly up on us. I keep trying to save up for a nice 1, but I keep spending that money on some killer corals I've found! Here's another shot of the tank, again my apologies...

tank3.jpg

WendyMc

Witfull said:
/me thinks Wendy needs to borrow a cam~~we want more,,MORE

we love eye candy~

hehe, any of you are more than welcome to send me your camera, or better yet, come w/it for a demo! :angel3:

I don't know anyone around here w/a good camera...

WendyMc

Kensn said:
Hi Wendy, your just over the big hill from me.....
Wow, Ken, I checked out your website. Nice! What are your favorit shops on your side of the state? I haven't been over there to check any of them out for 2 & 1/2 years!

Kensn

WendyMc said:
Wow, Ken, I checked out your website. Nice! What are your favorit shops on your side of the state? I haven't been over there to check any of them out for 2 & 1/2 years!

Oh.... Indoor Reef, Blue Sierra, and Saltwater City. Have not been impress a lot by any of them latly though, Maybe I am just getting harder to impress...

WendyMc

Gina said:
I see you have a clown also, how well do the seahorse and clown get along?
They do great together. They have been together for over a year now. I actually have a male/female pair of ocellaris. Some hobbyists report that it's hit & miss w/their percs & horses. My seahorses aren't intimidated by them whatsoever. In fact, about 2 months ago, my fem perc gobbled a huge mouthful of mysis, & my fem seahorse swam up to her & snikked the piece the clown had sticking out of her mouth. It probably helps that I have captive bred seahorses - they behave much like any other fish in my tank. When they see us they swim up & undulate, begging for food. They are active & constantly exploring their surroundings. They are swimming out in the open alot, not just hitching shyly to whatever they can grab onto. I also added the clowns as tiny captive bred babies about 3 months after having my horses. I think if it was the other way around, the clowns' motion might be a little intimidating to a newly added seahorse. These fish all got used to eachother in my greatly missed 55g. It just KILLED me to get rid of so much of my livestock, & truth to be told I shouldn't have them all in a 12g. I do a sm waterchange at least every other day to make up for it. This is a temporary situation. I have dreams of a much larger setup once we are in our new house...someday...