Hi all

grumbolar

Saltwater noob here. I've been running a planted 55g FW tank for a few years (two versions since I had to move). But I'm bored with it and going to get rid of it. Luckily a friend of mine let me know he's wanting to get rid of a 43 gal FOWLR tank (so he can focus on his 180). His tank is well established for a couple years, just has a few clowns and a firefish w/some inverts. So we'll be doing a tank move soon. I like growing things so I'm going to reef it a bit. Luckily I'll have to wait till christmas to get a decent lighting upgrade. I'll call it forced patience so the tank can re-settle in it's new home. I know it's a small tank, and I only plan on keeping some small soft corals. Will the effort of building a 20g sump be worth it, or can I just stick with the big canister (rena). The tank is half self-sufficient now with bristleworms and pods etc. He only actually feeds the tank a few times a week. Anyhow I look forward to learning lots here, as I say goodbye to plantedtank.net (they've been good to me) and I hope I get as much from you all!

Shawn

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif