Here's a Question I Hate to Ask.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
What are these and would anyone like some?

1-4.jpg

2-4.jpg

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I recently found them in my tank. I was told to let them be unless they are so numerous that they smother your coral. I've seen flatworm exit at my LFS.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I recently found them in my tank. I was told to let them be unless they are so numerous that they smother your coral. I've seen flatworm exit at my LFS.

Obviously they didn't get to be so many over night in my tank I just thought they were brown algae. However I have a ton... so much that about a 1/4 of my rock is covered. Leave them in until what? they completely take over?

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Where'd u get em?

....... I'm Matt n im a reefaholic.

Not a clue...just lucky I guess.

Oh and the good news is, I just transfered about 15 corals from the 150 to the 125 and I'm starting to now see them in the 125:clink:

DanSReef

I had a yellow choris wrasse who chowed down on flat worms I had a while back.

I am not sure I would use FWE unless they become a problem or a wrasse can't take care of them.

Good Luck.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
6 line dude. Fun fish. Very attentive.

....... I'm Matt n im a reefaholic.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I mean right on the bottle it says "treats conditions cased by: flukes, tapeworm, flatworms, turbellarians"
Worth a try?

reeferman

i think that treats the fish.never heard of it being used to kill flatworms.but again,im not certain.flatworm exit is the chemical means.you can keep them in check by siphoning them with airline tubing or when you vacuum for a wc.a wrasse and persistant vacuuming and you can rid them without chemicals.

Luukosian

Should be able to vacuum out quite a few of them if there are that many. I hear they release toxins in the water when they die in great numbers. Haven't had them myself but I remember reading this article a while back and that vacuum idea sounded like a good solution to get the numbers to a manageable level.

Melevsreef.com - Flatworms | How to eliminate them!