Here We Go Again!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
AWESOME shots Mel! It is AMAZING to see where your tank has come from and it's OH SO SWEET now! Great work! I do remember your "tough" Times but you were a champ and with some help of others around here you pulled through! Great pics! :)

goldenmean

Hey Melanie your reef sanctuary is looking just awesome!
What a path this tank has been on this year.
Keep up the great work.

Melanie

Today I did a 10 gal. water change, replaced my SeaGel (carbon/phosguard blend), fixed my skimmer (the cup/neck was broken off when I got it used..tried to hold with silicone but it popped off again), cleaned the tank and sump, replaced the filter sock, and cleaned my Koralias (ugh).

I'm nervous about doing water tests because I haven't done any in two months. I'm afraid it's going to be bad.

I also took a BUNCH of photos and I chose the best ones and put them in a slide show.

Click the pic to see the slideshow...

lcstorc

Somehow you have managed to get a handle on two difficult hobbies rather quickly. Your reef is gorgeous and your pictures show it.
Great job as always.

Melanie

Lynn, that is so kind! Thank you too Drew! Did you see some of the North East Coral specimens in there? That sinularia is so photogenic.

I also managed to capture my chilipepper feeding. This is the first time I've seen it fully expanded.

DSC01597.jpg

I also went out today and bought a neon goby, a sun coral, a mint green ricordia ($10!) and a new Geisman? bulb (the last of the 4 I had to replace.)

I had this one little dark spot that just needed brightening but since it didn't get light, I had to go with a non-photosynthetic coral. I'll get some photos tomorrow (or later) when they open up. I have to read up on these to see what they eat!

Melanie

Well my test results weren't TOO horrible considering I haven't tested in 2 months.

Test Results at 7:00 PM
Temp 78
SG 1.025
Ammon 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
pH 8.4
Phosphate 0
Ca 380
dKH 7
Mg 1185

Looks like it's time to add some supplements.

Melanie

What's a page on my thread without photos??

Here are some shots I took this weekend. The tank was looking particularly photogenic so I thought I'd share.

[Click photo below for a slide show.]

------------------------------------
Also, my blue neon goby has found a burrow!

You can't find me....
045-3.jpg

I'm hiding.
046-3.jpg

I blend.
054-1.jpg

Ok, ok...I'll come out for one picture.
048-2.jpg

Melanie

Yes, Lynn, your Gorg is doing GREAT! Once I found a good spot for him, he's been in coral heaven ever since.

I have to say, every RS Friend Frag has been doing smashingly in my tank! Growing beyond belief. I think it's the love that does it. Even the latest ones from Drew have already visibly grown!

These are in the slideshow, but for those that don't like to click on external links...here are just a few of my RS Friend Frags

From Dentoid:
059-3.jpg

From lcstorc:
025-5.jpg

From ScubaDrew:
023-3.jpg

Melanie

Question, I was browsing around LiveAquaria's Divers Den and saw a coral that looks EXACTLY like the one ScubaDrew gave me that we called Sinularia. They call it DFS Neon Palau Nephthea. But check out their pic and my pics:

122707-207.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

027-3.jpg