Here I go The Spotted Manderin

SeaMunky

Good Morning..

Wow congrats on the clowns ..How many clutches have you had from your banggais?..Any fry before this mouthful? My male just swallowed a mouthful Sunday morning *grumbles*..lol..I think maybe the tank is in to high of a traffic area...I read any little stress or nervousness and they will swallow..My little guys from first batch are about 61 days old now I think..
If ya neeed any help...just holla..

surfzone

lcstoric, I play an aweful lot of Berry White

The clown spawn was a first for my pair for me, and this is the first hold for the cardinal pair. I was suprised at how fast they did it seeing as I bought them in early October.

I miss judged the clown spawn and all but 4 hatched out last night. It's probably for the best seeing as my rotifers arn't exactly ready yet.

rrcg50

do not get discouraged. it took me 4 spawns before i was able to get any clowns past meta. i now have 13 that are 38 days old. between 20 to 30 that are 24 and about 60 that are 7 days old. just keep plugging away

surfzone

OK it's time to take a deep breath and anaylize what I have found out about this particular species. going back and looking at notes on the subject i can't seem to get them much further than past settlement. I'll be going for another attempt tonight. the love strike has faded and rotifers are starting to mature.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I'll read through the thread tonight Kevin and see if I can see anything wrong with what you are doing. How is your temperature doing btw? No swings with this crazy weather were having?

surfzone

This endever along with the ocell. clowns, and neon gobies has been put on hold due to me going back to school. i will continue my work with the bangii cardinals seeing as it is too important for the species for me to neglect the program i have going on with them now. i have a single pair of cardinals, that spawned and held to term on their 2nd try. this species seems to be a little less labor intensive. I'll keep y'all posted on the progress of this pair and my work with this species.

surfzone

ok i'm back dealing with mandarins. this pair has dissapointed me night after night with no spawn what so ever

surfzone

i'm glad to report that that this new pair has spawned for me once that i know of. i've been gone for about two and a half weeks so it's time to get serious about this.

Marcel

Keep up the good work. Love to read more about them. I should give them a try on my side on this planet.

It actually surprises me, that you used rotifer as first feed. Or did I miss something?

Last edited: