Help!!

jpsika08

I just found My Dwarf Flame Angel in QT lying on his side breathing heavily and almost sure he has white spots!, the tank is a 20Gal, I just dosed 1.8 ML of Cupramine (Instructions state that I should dose 1ML per 10.5 Gals).

I got Methylene Blue, should I do a FW dip right now with this? If so, what are the steps?

Thank you

jpsika08

Also, should I assume all QT's have Ich too? I have somehow managed to let water mix in every tank. :(

tnwillia

Sorry Juan, I can't help, others will jump in. I think it's time to have a talk with your LFS about their QT procedures, your not having much luck with them. Is that your only option in your area? Good luck!

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
From my thread, with Lee. This should work for you too.

"I would treat the displaying fish in the QT by altering FW and Formalin dips. One day the FW dip, the next day the Formalin Dip. This continues until the fish has had four of each. The procedures are given here:
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/31523-freshwater-dip-process.html
and
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...s/50755-formalin-treatment-marine-fishes.html"

You just have THE worst luck! Sorry, and tell your fish that I command them to die. Fish never listen too me and do the opposite. My wrasse bit my finger when I was picking up a fallen zoa frag. I said don't bite me, and of course, it did...

dmatt88

Oh man sorry pal. I would have to assume all water has ich however monitor the fish u very well may get lucky.

jpsika08

Sorry Juan, I can't help, others will jump in. I think it's time to have a talk with your LFS about their QT procedures, your not having much luck with them. Is that your only option in your area? Good luck!

Tom thanks, that fish wasn't QT'ed until it got into my tank, it's not the multicolor that is in the display, though, I called the LFS guy so he can give me some insight why the fish has ick :(

From my thread, with Lee. This should work for you too.

"I would treat the displaying fish in the QT by altering FW and Formalin dips. One day the FW dip, the next day the Formalin Dip. This continues until the fish has had four of each. The procedures are given here:
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/31523-freshwater-dip-process.html
and
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...s/50755-formalin-treatment-marine-fishes.html"

You just have THE worst luck! Sorry, and tell your fish that I command them to die. Fish never listen too me and do the opposite. My wrasse bit my finger when I was picking up a fallen zoa frag. I said don't bite me, and of course, it did...

Thanks Funlad, all fish in the DT are doing good so far, though, I have been using tank water to fill the food cup that I use to give food to the QT's I think the source is coming from there or the LFS's tank :(

Oh man sorry pal. I would have to assume all water has ich however monitor the fish u very well may get lucky.

Thanks Matt, I'm assuming it does, :(

jpsika08

Well guys, this hobby is beginning to annoy me hugely, it's too much to handle, :(

The Red STripe Dwarf Angel is beginning to scratch on the pipes too, all QT tanks have now Cupramine in them.
DT Fish are going out.

Funlad3

How are you going to catch them, the extreme drain method? Just imagine how good you'll feel when all of this is over and done with! It will be like finally sleeping in your own bed after a long trip! Ahhh... Good luck.

jpsika08

This would be the status of tanks

QT 1 with Red Stripe Dwarf Angel: Ick Detected or at least fish is scratching and moving in a manner which denotes Ick. Cupramine introduced
QT 2 with Flame Dwarf Angel and Starry Blenny: Ick present, Dwarf almost dying. Cupramine Introduced
QT 4 with Two Barred Rabbitfish, fish is not presenting any ill signs, Cupramine Introduced.
QT 5 with six Anthias Lori, fish are not presenting any ill signs. Cupramine Introduced

DT tank, no signs of fish scratching or acting abnormal, though, they are going out.

jpsika08

Agree Funlad, this is annoying me ALOT! I hate fish suffer like this.

The UV is also being bought, it's a 150Watt Emperor Aquatics which treats upto 1,060 Gallons, it's really big.

steved13

PREMIUM
Well guys, this hobby is beginning to annoy me hugely, it's too much to handle, :(

The Red STripe Dwarf Angel is beginning to scratch on the pipes too, all QT tanks have now Cupramine in them.
DT Fish are going out.

I really hate to hear this :(

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Sorry Juan :( Always tough losing the little guys.

I'm not sure if I read it in your thread or maybe I misread something but how are your QT tanks set up? Did you say you had sand in one of them?

Funlad3

Hopefully it doesn't get any worse than annoying! With my plague, I was literally depressed! Hey, with all of the fish out of the DT, you can add as many frags as you want without any being knocked over!

And back to my bed analogy, it's not returning that matters, it's about the trip itself and whatever you encountered along the way.

jpsika08

Thanks guys,

Thanks Steve, it's no fun doing this :(

Bryan, no, all QT tanks are barebottom with just a cascade filter and just removed the carbon before introducing cupramine.

Funlad, I introduced an Acropora Cultured, before going into the DT I did a 10 min. Revive dip, I will take pics and post tomorrow, this I can do if I go fishless.

Adam, thanks for the link, I will read it right now.

Anselth

This one has a treatment regimen described: IchArt2Mar

I think nowadays the "Fallow" period is recommended to be 6-8 weeks, as opposed to the 4-6 in that article.

jpsika08

Ok, just tested Cupramine level in the QT 2, I'm using Salifert Copper Test (New), levels after first dose is at 0.10 ppm, second dose should be in 48 hours ( Thursday night), what ppm target should I point? 0.5ppm? or less 0.35ppm?

Thanks