Help with zoa ID

philodox

Picked up a nice zoa colony. There are three different types on this rock.

I believe the solid green ones are Nuclear Green Zoa's.

I need help with an ID on the yellow fringe, red with blue center's if anyone knows what they may be

I also need help with the Bright green fringe, green with gold center's if anyone knows what they may be.

Here's a photo. Thanks guys ahead of time.

IMG_1014.jpg

PIMPALA

You know all those names are made up by retail and wholesalers as a marketing gimmick, right? And sometimes different sellers label the same zoa under different names.

That being said, the orange and blue ones look like what most refer to as an "eagle eye"

philodox

You know all those names are made up by retail and wholesalers as a marketing gimmick, right? And sometimes different sellers label the same zoa under different names.

That being said, the orange and blue ones look like what most refer to as an "eagle eye"

I know it's a marketing gimmick. Was just wondering what the 'common name' for them were. I bought the whole colony for $40, so it's not like I paid a premium for it considering it's size.

Thank you for the ID on the eagle eye's. :)

GrendelPrime

that is a good deal, i love zoas and have a number of morphs but i stopped asking what kind they are and just make up my own names.. :)

philodox

that is a good deal, i love zoas and have a number of morphs but i stopped asking what kind they are and just make up my own names.. :)

Yeah, I've read that generally Zoa's are solid green and the hybrids have the various types of colors. I'm impressed with them more and more. I just wish they spread faster. The original frag I bought that is placed in another part of my tank is full and lush. However, it hasn't spread off the rock that I got them on. I have several Paly's, on the other hand, that have taken off and spread like wildfire, easily tripling in size over 4 months. I haven't seen any additional polyps of my Zoa's sprout up yet.