Help! with Test Kit

novanosis

I just bought two test kits from Seachem.

One is for Mag and the other for Cal.

SC4115_99.jpg

I am having a hard time with the directions.

Its driving me nuts!

Pour this solution into here, add water into this and then pour it into this solutions, and both solutions and mix then drops of this and that...

AHHH!

See what I am saying...

Frankie

RS STAFF
I use the Mag kit and find it to be very accurate. I can see how it would be disturbing to someone new to the hobby though.
I have no experience with the Calcium kit though. I recommend reading the directions thoroughly and keep practicing. It will become easier in time. If you have any problems with the Mag. kit feel free to pm me and I can try to walk you though it.
As far as kits go, I recommend getting the Elos kit's in the future. They are reported to be the most user friendly for the accuracy.

aquanight

The salt water testers can be quite confusing, with a little time and effort and this forum you will quickly learn how to use testing kits. It usually consists of mixing in 5ml parts and shaking of tubes, and mixing bottles. I personally don't mess around with test kits when it comes to coral, i have an established tank, and a water exchange of 5 Gallons out of my 30 gallon tank a week gives the coral all the supplements they need. But if your tank is not established i would not risk it.

Frankie

RS STAFF

aquanight

just test your water a few times till you get it down. Just make sure the levels are where they are supposed to be at and then you should be fine with adding coral.