help with red slime remover

gazoz

hello
i have rsm 130d
becuase i have chano bactaria
i decide use the red slime remover
i put thet in the aquarium and after 48 hours all the chano bactaria gone and now the aquarium is clean

but i have problem with the skimmer
the skimmer is over skimmer
what i should to do?

tnx for the help

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Follow the directions on the bottle. Doesn't it say do a 50% water change or something like that?

It's perfectly normal that when you add chemicals to your tank skimmer functions are greatly affected. Do a large water change and leave the skimmer off for a couple of days.

Keep in mind that Red Slime Remover can have a profound effect on the rest of your tank so stay on top of your tank husbandry and don't slack on water changes.

gazoz

no
it say after 48 hours to do 20% water change
in rsm 130d 20%= 26 liter
today i do 26 liter water change

toomorow do another 26 liter water change?

when the skimmer is off i can feed my corals and fish?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yes you carry on as usual maybe be a little less heavy handed for feeding but a couple of days of the skimmer being off wont cause havoc on your system unless it was already severely imbalanced. You should be good to go.

It's possible I'm thinking of the instructions on another "Chemical Red Slime Remover".

Don't be afraid to do larger water changes just do them Sarely :
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...7-how-make-safe-water-change-marine-fish.html

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
A skimmers job is to remove the crap in our water. U just added a bunch.

Going forward many of us have experienced cyano. Typically caused by old t5 lighting and too many nutrients. Easy fix is replace the old bulbs n run lights out for a few days. Of course use this in conjunction with water changes.

The only way I see the fix is to clean the skimmer and perform another wc to get the "fix " out of the water.

Al

.............stay thirsty my friend.

ausreef

algae need two things to thrive nutrients and light,cynobacteria on the other hand dont need light only nutrient, preferably phosphate,i would not recommend red slime remover as the cyano when killed releases all its nutrients back in the water,i would improve your water husbandry and syphon out the cyano when it comes back in a weeks time

bmplank86

Has been struck by the ban stick
Water changes, new bulbs, more flow and better water cured my cyano infestation. Good luck

Life motto: "No rain, no rainbow"