HELP! Help please!!

Robin

Hello I am new to this site. Wondering why all of a sudden my purple sponge turned white. I have not exposed it to air and I have had this sponge in my tank for 8 years. I recently started putting zooplankton in my aquarium. Should I take it out or will it come back?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

DaveK

When a sponge turns white, it's usually dead. However there still may be living parts on it. These might regrow. I don't think feeding zooplankton would be a factor unless you really overdid it to the point where the sponge could no longer circulate water through it. If the entire sponge is white, I'd remove it.

Robin

Thank you it
When a sponge turns white, it's usually dead. However there still may be living parts on it. These might regrow. I don't think feeding zooplankton would be a factor unless you really overdid it to the point where the sponge could no longer circulate water through it. If the entire sponge is white, I'd remove it.

Thank you. It did do that before and I put more flow in the tank and it came back. Now flow is great water perimeters are normal.