Help On Lighting

kone77

I HAVE A 46 OR A 55 GAL OCEANIC BOW FRONT TANK NOT SURE WHICH ONE .THE STORE SAID THEY SOLD ME A 55GAL BUT I HEARD THEY DON'T MAKE A 55 ONLY 46 GAL. ANYWAY I HAVE A ORBITS/CURRENT LIGHTS 2 250WATT 20K HALOGENS AND 4 39WATT ATINTICS T5 HO'S WILL THIS BE ENOUGH FOR ZOANTHIDS OR ACROPORALS OR IS THIS TO MUCH LIGHTING?ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED CAUSE IM NEW TO ALL THIS THANKS:smoking:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Kone that's a GOOD amount of light. With careful coral placement (low light corals near bottom and shaded, High light corals middle to high) you can have just about anything you like.

Just be careful when bringing coral from another tank as you do have a lot of light so you'll want to take the time and efforts for a proper "Light Acclimation" of them.

:thumber:

kone77

Kone that's a GOOD amount of light. With careful coral placement (low light corals near bottom and shaded, High light corals middle to high) you can have just about anything you like.

Just be careful when bringing coral from another tank as you do have a lot of light so you'll want to take the time and efforts for a proper "Light Acclimation" of them.

:thumber:

THANK YOU

rrcg50

Start things low and move it a few inches at a times every 4 to 5 days til you get it where you want them. Slow is the name of the game