Help Max 500 led

Jamiequ1

Hi guy
Iv just joined so not sure how it works in here?
I have just built my max 500 led , and was wondering if anyone no's where the power supplies for the leds go ? At the moment they are hanging down the back of the tank , not sure that's right.
Any help would be appreciated
Jamie

SPR

I have the S 650 which is basically the same. You feed the wires down the cable canals and then the power supplies just hang down the back. Well on mine they do like yours!

The cables aren't long enough to do anything else with as far as I can see

Kevin at Red Sea (Redseakev) might be able to enlighten us both if there is another solution.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

sidebar an @ sign will draw Kev here... @RedSeaKev

Jamiequ1

I have the S 650 which is basically the same. You feed the wires down the cable canals and then the power supplies just hang down the back. Well on mine they do like yours!

The cables aren't long enough to do anything else with as far as I can see

Kevin at Red Sea (Redseakev) might be able to enlighten us both if there is another solution.

Jamiequ1

Thanks for that , it just seems odd as everything else is so tidy , a lot of thought must have gone into them ,
Thanks again for getting back so quickly
J

Nobbygas

I had the same issue with my S-650. What I've done is build a small shelf in the Chiller compartment. On this I can mount my Doser, plus the four PSU's from the lights.
Shelf_zpsxbiuqbq1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Shelf_zpsmliwp0cz.jpg

Basically, it's just three pieces of wood, with a few screws to connect them. It doesn't have to be an ultra strong assembly. It cost about four quid ! It is not connected to the frame at all, so if I want I can just slide it out anytime I want.

Jamiequ1

Hi thanks for that , but my leads don't go down that far , they are hanging down the back of the tank

Nobbygas

You've got the new LED mount? Did you run the cables along the mount, and then feed them through the channels on the side and then down the back?

Jamiequ1

I've got the new mount , I ran the cables through the hole along the front for 2 of the lights, the far side one thought the hole on the other side , have I done it wrong, thanks for your help

Nobbygas

Yep, I did that. Two through one side, and two through the other, and it just doesn't work does it !
So, I ran all four through the same side as the power centre, and then fed the cables down. Doing this meant that with my little shelf addition, all four PSU's can sit comfortably on the shelf. I made the shelf 40cm high to do this. You can see them in the photo, sat to the left of the Doser.

Jamiequ1

Hi when you say power centre do you mean the left side as your looking at the tank , you've got me thinking I'm going to try ,
Thank you ,

Nobbygas

My little shelf unit is 60cm x 40cm for the sides, and the top is 35cm x 60cm. This leaves a small area on the right to store the Triton Bottles, with the Doser sat just above them. The tubes from the Doser to the Sump I will feed through the large gap in the top corner. I expect to probably halve the size of the shelf at some point when I add a chiller, but I won't need a chiller for at least another six months. When I reduce the size to 30cms depth I will still have space to store the Doser and the four PSU's from the lights.

Jamiequ1

Ok I see what you mean the pie meet draw , I think the leafs are still to short as only the one closest to the power draw is long enough, to dig on something down there

Nobbygas

Ok I see what you mean the pie meet draw , I think the leafs are still to short as only the one closest to the power draw is long enough, to dig on something down there
Each of my leads from the LED light unit to the PSU is about 3m long.