Hello

restes

24G nanocube with 70W halide

This tank is about 1.5 yrs old now. I ran the stock setup for about 2 months with rock and substrate only. After the cycle was over it all began.

Replaced stock pump for a Maxijet1200
Running filter floss, carbon 1 week per month and a little PhosBan in between the layer of filter floss
Removed one of the PC bulbs and made room for the 70w 14k
Added a Koralia nano and a Koralia 1 for a little extra flow
Current LED moonlight
DIY auto top off

Current stock
1-Clown with it's Mobile Home BTA
6-Blueleg Hermits
3-Redleg Hermits
1-Emerald Crab (haven't seen #2 in weeks)
6 Snails (various)

Coral List
GSP (starting to spread like a weed)
2 Candy Canes (the big one started with 2 heads 6months ago)
A few Mushrooms (various colors)
Anthelia
Clove
Frogspawn (started as a small head and has split since then)
2 zoa colonies
1 small Bubble

P1000249.jpg

P1000243.jpg

P1000172.jpg

P1000244.jpg

P1000166.jpg

Last edited:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome!

Sounds like a SWEET Nano you've got going. Can't wait to see those pics!! I'll be checking back to see them!

Again welcome to the Reef :)

restes

Pretty sure you are correct---- Montipora sp - Green Cap. It was on the rock when i got the GSP but has doubled size in a couple of months. It's finally starting to grow vertical.

As far as heat, the hottest I've seen it is 82.8 and that is a pretty warm day. I just ordered a couple of squirrel cage fans to mount in the hood so i hope i can lower the temp a degree or two. I currently have about 1.5 degree temp swing so i'm not to worried about it but i'm still going to upgrade the fans. I'm going to mount 1 blowing in and 1 sucking out. Hopefully this will drop it a degree or 2 and save 300.00 for a chiller.

I have a 1 gallon ATO but i only fill it once a week so i could deal with more evaporation if i need to have a fan blowing on the surface of the water.