hello wat kind of anemone can u get in a 24g tank

Frankie

RS STAFF
Mushrooms would work well in a nano :) They come in all different colors and prices.

BLAKEJOHN

I wouldnt worry about getting an anenome for 6-8 months down the road. I would suggest you use this time to do your research on them though.

yungreefer2410

you could potentially keep any anemone you wanted in a 24g tank potentially. what kind of lights do you have how old is tank etc. mushrooms are very cool and usually easy to keep and $$ friendly unless you go in to crazy colored rics and yumas. at least i think those are in the same family

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
you could potentially keep any anemone you wanted in a 24g tank potentially. what kind of lights do you have how old is tank etc. mushrooms are very cool and usually easy to keep and $$ friendly unless you go in to crazy colored rics and yumas. at least i think those are in the same family

I would disagree. The clown host species are all too large for so small a tank

Sapphire

Hi,

the point is not to do with the clown fish, rather that many of the anemone species that typically host clowns grow extremely large - far too large for a small tank, eg Heteractis magnifica (Ritteri anemone) and Stichodactyla gigantean (carpet anemone).

yungreefer2410

i said potentially meaning you could but with those they would be your only coral in your tank. and those would be bad choices for a tank of that size anyway. common sense is needed here

jjohnson3

The only anemone I would reccomend for your tank is a mushroom anemone. They are actually corals not anemones, but it is nice to see the tag say "Mushroom Anemone" and you can actually make it thrive! Clowns might host it as well...

Sapphire

I have a RSM which 34g and I have a h. malu which is doing well so far. it's been in there for just over a year I think.

A bubble tip anemone could be an option – there are people very experienced with these who say they need a minimum tank size of 20g, so you’ve got that (you might not be able to have much else in the tank though once it grew). There will of course be other experienced people who disagree! All the same you would need to wait at least six months and make sure you had stable appropriate parameters and correct set up etc

If you haven’t already, perhaps see the nano section - you may find a whole bunch of discussions on this issue!

certainly good to get as much advice and do as much research as possible before taking one on - they are such amazing creatures but the long term survival rate in captivity is just so low it's scary.

Anyway all the best with your tank!