hello to all

meyinyangd2

i just register to this site and very much impressed with the forums listed here. I just started my 28gal tank and its roughly 48 days old. I'm very much interested in speeding up coralline growth in my tank. I have in my tank the following... one elephant ear, bubble anemone, scopas tang, a clam, and a chocolate chip starfish. I keep my ph at 8.1 I doze twice a week using CaOH prepared with dilluted venigar. Hope to learn more from any one among you guys. Any advice would be well appreciated. Thanks in advance

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:hallo: Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!!

I would keep an eye on the anemone. They require stable water parameters and do much better in a seasoned tank of at least 1 yr old with low nitrates.
Also the chocolate chip starfish is NOT reef safe and will eat corals and other inverts.

saltwaterfarm

Hello and welcome to RS! In addition to what Woodstock said... Are you planning the upgrade yet? Because that tang is going to outgrow a 28...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:hallo:Welcome to the Sanctuary! The coralline growth will come with time. It's best allow the tank to mature at its own pace. Reef aquariums are like fine wines, they get better with time. Hopefully your LR already has coralline on it. You can use a fork to scrape some of it off and allow the spores to circulate through the tank and seed other areas. Soon enough, you'll be cursing this plague. Best of luck!

vdituri

Welcome aboard!

Feel free to ask questions. Plenty of helpful people here.
Not me of course, but others with real knowledge. :)
I can give you names. I know people.

Enjoy!