He Died, Now What???

miaskies

Ok,
So I think my fish died of Brooklynella. He had patchy discoloration on his body and heavy, rapid breathing. He was also very thin. I had 5 other blue green chromis that died from it in a quarantine. I treated with formalin but it didn't help. So tiny was the last survivor. He got moved to my 55 display when my quarantine leaked.

So my tank is fishless now, 2 peppermint shrimp, corals and live rock. So my question is, How long should I leave my tank fishless? Like how long will it take for my tank to be free of the brooklynella parasite? When will it be safe to add some new fish?

Also, my tank has quite a few large aipstasia anemones and bristle worms. Is it posible that they could have killed tiny? He disappeared without a trace also, no sign of him and I searched the tank.I am thinking that he died of the disease and the worms and shrimp finished him off??

Has anyone had experience with Brooklynella and aipstasia & bristle worms?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
The worms and the shrimp more than likely just finished him off.

Kill the aptasia by any means necessary, the bristle worms are good for a tank IMHO unless they become to large or over populated, at that point just remove them.

GrendelPrime

yeah kill those aptasia asap before u have a whole tank of them, the worms might have eaten him once he was to weak to swim there great scavengers so anything on the bottom of the tank will become food as far as how long to leave the tank empty of fish if the same rules apply as with ick its about 8 weeks if im not mistaken

deehz

The worms and the shrimp more than likely just finished him off.

Kill the aptasia by any means necessary, the bristle worms are good for a tank IMHO unless they become to large or over populated, at that point just remove them.

+1.
Also, sorry about your losses. It is terrible and heart aching when we lose our wonderful pets.