having trouble adding pics to post can anyone help?

bwalker

i am trying to add pics to post and it says file is to large, how can i downsize the pic to be able to add to post? i am using jpeg. i took pics with a 5 megapixel camera, what can i do to make them work? thanks for all your help
Brent

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
There are several ways to accomplish this... I'll touch on the two most common and let you decide which you want to use..

#1 (what I do) is get a FREE Photobucket (Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket) account and create albums there. Once you have a picture in your photobucket you want to use simply click on the button under each image labeled "IMG Code" and that automatically copies the URL and "Codes" it for the forum. Then come back to your post and each place you want a picture PASTE that image code and when you publish the post you'll have pictures in your post. The image code will look something like this (without the outer most quotes)
"IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/IMG_5070.jpg[/IMG] "

which looks like this in your post

IMG_5070.jpg

#2 You can use Windows Paint or MS Paint (Included with Windows itself) to open the photo, click on "Image" then "Stretch/Skew" and through trial and error figure out a percentage that makes the file size "postable". Once you enter the value into the tabs hit "OK" to see how the picture looks/acts. With my camera on it's highest settings the value of 22% works perfect but it's pure trial and error. Also note that you have to put the same value (percentage) in both the Vertical and Horizontal tabs. This keeps your proportions correct. Then when you have it the right size SAVE the pic and upload it to RS.

It's so much easier to do it with Photobucket and be done with it.

Good luck and I hope this helps. If not just let us know and we'll try something else :)

blue_eyes53813

What type of photo editing software are you using? You need to downsize the pixels in the editing of the pictures. I usually try the pixels around 550 x 367... Just keep downsizing the pixels to get them as close to 50k as possible.