Haven't been around much... new FTS!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Figured I'd give y'all an update :)

Today I rescaped and scrubbed about 5lbs of bubble algae off my rocks. Yuck!

Here's what I spent my day doing-

Here's the tank pre-scape
beforerescape1.jpg

I used a couple tanks that I have lying around to hold stuff while I work on the tank (29g & 10g).
cleanup2.jpg

Sidney peaking around the edge :D
cleanup1.jpg

Making water (had to move some of the production into my bedroom, as I ran out of room in the narrow hallway)
cleanup3.jpg

Draining water into the 10g w/ frag rack
cleanup6.jpg

The 10g with corals
cleanup5.jpg

The 29g with LR (I thought my hanger w/ the "fish towel" to dry my hands was pretty ingenious :D)
cleanup4.jpg

And the finished product (most stuff is still closed up)
FT1.jpg

And I added this guy too! Atlantic blue tang
abtang1.jpg

fidojoe

Fish Addict
And since you guys like the eye candy, I figured I'd snap some macros before the tear down...

Yellow watchman (We have staring contests all the time)
ywg1.jpg

Red cap
redcap1.jpg

Mint green palys
palys1.jpg

Orange digi (yes the pic is doctored, but the stupid camera picks it up as brown, so I changed it to its real color)
orangedigi1.jpg

My big toadstool leather
leather1.jpg

My blue hammer that I almost lost to a clown goby. It is almost back to the size that it was. I salvaged it off of tiny little buds that were coming off the sides.
hammer1-1.jpg

GSP's
gsp1.jpg

Frogspawn and hammer
fraghammer1.jpg

Blue candycane
candycane1.jpg

Blue ridge coral
blueridge1.jpg

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Thanks for the compliments!

Sid (short for Sidney) is doing great! She's really playful, but she loves to just hang out too.

This is the best pic I could get... I had to take it standing up, because she wanted my camera, she didn't like the beeping sounds it was making :D
sid-1.jpg

fidojoe

Fish Addict

She's cute and fun, but she can be a handful too! I just got home from school, so she greeted me like she normally does, a sprint to the door, jumping around on her hind legs begging me to pet her, so I do. I drop all my stuff in my room, then go sit on the floor in front of the tank to check my skimmer. First she tried to pull my hand with a gentle "bite" to get me to play on the carpet where she has traction, but when I don't budge, she tries to lick my face off, don't let her, so she gives up and curls up in my lap.

Oh, I have a question...

I had to remove one of the rocks that my toadstool leather was attached to. I left it on the rock that it was more attached to, and it was doing fine and standing up yesterday, but today I found it kinda flopped over. It is starting to open normally again, but it just doesn't stand up. It has plenty of rock attached to it to be self supporting. Should I do something to help support it? I have some of those untreated wood skewers, I could wedge one of those into the rock and tie the trunk of the leather to it, like a tree support. Would that help?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Leather corals are huge pouters when disturbed.... more so if you touch them with your bare hands. Give it a few days to perk back up. It should be fine. I would not support it but let it 'do what it wants'. Tieing something to it will eventually cut into its flesh.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Good points. I'll leave it alone. It seems to be doing fine today, but it is still drooped over.