Has Anyone ever used this site? Glass Cages.com Custom Tanks!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yes... do a simple search on their name and look how many people are DISGUSTED with their tanks... ME being one of them... seriously just google on RS and you'll see many... now think about how many across the whole country... STAY AWAY!!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I ordered mine from miracles aquarium in Canada.......very happy with the product. Glass cages has had its troubles.

reeferman

the problem with GC is sloppy silicone.if your willing to take a razor blade and clean the mess,then you would be ok.but a new custom built tank should require no extra work by the consumer,imo.

catran

I'm not saying that I disagree with the complaints listed here, but I guess I was lucky. My frag tank was great. The silicone was thick, but not sloppy at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fishingfool

Did you see the pictures I posted on the review in the link above?

Wasn't just silicone slop. I bought starfire glass and they left bubbles in the silicone which is very ugly and distracting while looking at the front of the tank. The glass pieces do t even align correctly and there is a gap where the glass sticks up on one corner. Horrible build and it would have been okay if they would replace problems like this but the owner just wants to argue with you on the phone and not work with you.

There are other places out there that do better work so I would recommend using one of them.

AJK

They are expensive !!!! I wrote them for an estimate, for a 20 gal custom, they replied $130,. No thank U :)

lcstorc

I haven't heard anything about smaller tanks but I have heard/read quite a number of horror stories on larger builds. I would pay the extra money and get something with a better reputation. Sometimes you just plain get what you pay for.