Harrah's RSM 250

Drharrah

finally got the rock in last night! I HATE rockscaping so that took a while today but I'm pretty happy with it now. Already got the brown diatoms started in the sand. there are a couple more rocks that will be added but they are the ones with coral and anemone on them from the other tank so they won't be going in for a while.
sorry for the cell phone pic. too lazy to get the good camera out right now. :eek:lsmile:full tankshot with rock.jpg
2011-11-06_15-41-03_354.jpg
2011-11-06_15-40-47_948.jpg

RedSea Aviad

RS Sponsor
That would be great. "Harrah's RSM 250" would be fine. :dunno:

Aviad, thanks for the help I messed with the skimmer today and think i got it working correctly. the bubbles are just barely coming up over the rotating stem. but the water level in the back is only at the 4-5 bar from the top? I'll have to adjust soon. I decided to pull the black filters today. I was just going to rinse them but when I pulled the large one out it had sand in it from clearing the tank. Well of course it clouded the tank back up so we are back to waiting for it to clear. maybe the skimmer will help accomplish that faster? IDK. But the black filters are not going back in. :cry1:

Hi,
A tip for next time, turn off the pump prior to removing the black sponge filter, allow some time for the debris to settle and only then turn on the pump.
The filter has an orientation, it’s not symmetrical, so pay attention to that as well.
All the best,
Aviad

Drharrah

Well I was going to upload a picture of how horribly filthy my tank looks right now but I can't get the picture small enough for the attachment so I'll have to try again later from my computer. So I'll just update for now with that description. Haha. We are going to need a cleanup crew soon. last test results this morning for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates were 0 though so all is going well I guess.

Drharrah

ok well...Things have been busy busy so we haven't been on to update for a while but the new tank is doing well! We have moved over a few corals and added a couple fish. We have a Cardinal Bangai, Spike, who seems to stay being the rocks for the most part but hopefully will start coming out more after a few weeks. And we also got a Regal Tang, Dory of course (we have kids obviously). She is doing great. We have moved over our blue mushrooms and our green striped mushrooms and picked up some red ones. Moved over the red/orange riccordia, added yellow ones. and moved over a frogspawn, candy cane, toadstool and GSP. Everything is looking great. Hopefully we will be picking up another coral or 2 this weekend and moving our clowns over next week.
We have noticed that we are topping off like crazy! Is it normal to have almost 1/2 gallon of evaporation a day? holy cow! So we decided that our own RO/DI would be a great investment and christmas present. I ordered the 75gpd typhoon from airwaterice yesterday. it is going to save us a lot of hastle. Also still trying to get the skimmer working right. It is constantly needing adjustment! Hopefully it will stabilize soon!
Ill post a picture soon when the lights come on and everything opens up :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sounds like things are moving along nicely! Congrats on the new corals and fish. I think you are going to be real happy with the RO/DI system, everyone that gets one is thrilled with them.

imaccat

Now you have the RO/DI for Christmas, you should buy yourselves a New Years present to go with it - an ATO, soooooo much easier :yup:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Is it normal to have almost 1/2 gallon of evaporation a day?

Yes - I go through 5 gallons a week... I also don't have a chiller & run the rear fan 7 x 24 x 365

Congrats on the new ro/di unit - that will really help ! Look forward to the pics :)

Drharrah

well its been a little over a month since i have updated anything on here so i thought i would jump on and update now. We have moved over everything from our bc that is going to be moved. Its amazing how much better everything looks under the better lighting. the frogspawns have gotten their color back. always looked brown in the bc but now have the green with purplish tips. and our blue mushrooms are blue again!
We ended up moving the RBTA over but it was still so big we decided to trade it in for a smaller one. That was quite an experience. It was attached to a very nice piece of lr that we wanted to keep. So we took the rock and all in to our lfs and the guy actually took a knife to it! i couldn't believe it. by the time he got the anemone off the rock it had a huge hole in the middle of it.:eek: We watched in shock as he took a pair of scissors to it and cut it into four pieces and floated it in a bag. We went back today and all four anemones were alive and doing great in his tank!!! They are apparently not as fragile as i thought if you know what you are doing i guess. Anyways our new smaller RTBA is doing great in our tank and hosting our clowns.
We also picked up our first clam today. He seems happy (as a clam :rollingey ). we think it is a crocea. we placed it in the front left corner in the sand but have read that they like to be in the rocks? so we will just watch it and move if we need to.
Scheduled water change is tomorrow so we will take pics then and post them. :D