Hanna Alkalinity Checker-Free Upgrade!

Edison

If you bought the first version Hanna Alkalinity checker you are entitled to a free upgrade. In the upgrade kit you will get liquid reagent, a one ML syringe and two more curvets with caps that don't leak.

Using the checker is much easier now as you don't have to shake the test vial for 5 minutes in order to dissolve the reagent.

Go here to get you upgrade: SwiftPage Email - Survey

Last edited:

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks for the info, great to know they fixed the problems. That link doesn't work though.

I found it on Hanna's site scroll down to the "note" and you can click on a link for the form for the upgrade kit.

ALKALINITY TESTER

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Edison. I just got alerted to this thread and upgrade news by steved13. I had retired my new Hanna alk checker after getting some obviously incorrect readings, having the leaky caps and difficult to use powder reagents. Looking forward to getting the upgrade and trying it again.

Edison

I think you'll like it much better now, Terry. I reverted back to the API kit mainly due to the time it took to mix the powder reagent throughly. Not it takes maybe 15 seconds to get everything mixed.
When you request your upgrade kit, please also mention that you'd like to see all future kits use liquid reagents. I figure if enough of us do that, they just might do so.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I actually got the upgrade kit late yesterday evening (UPS) - same day I requested it! They must have had my info. from my previous complaint, or else got the info. on orders placed through Premium Aquatics. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but the white plastic box it came in has more space than the original blue kit.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
I hope that hold true for all Terry. I have been copy/paste you post elsewhere too :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I hope so too Boomer! It's an honor being copied & pasted elsewhere. Maybe my original review and problems helped lead Hanna to do the upgrade. I have to believe I wasn't the only one having problems with the original kit.