Hallo from sunny South Africa!

Heni

So let me introduce myself iv been trawling this site a bit and finally decided to join if my wording or spelling is not up to spec excuse me because English is a second language to me,so bare with me thx. So let me get started i live on the East coast of south africa next to the coast unfortunately its
in between cold and hot region so no corals but in the summer time from october to february we do catch marines here some angels pomacanthus,dwarf angels,butterflies,and surgeons just to name a few. My dad started me at the age of ten with fish only tanks and the last 5 years iv been into corals.
My tank is 1,5x600x600 got zetlight the 6500 and intellisun the 170w running on it, barebottom no sand plenty live rock tho,filtration is a reefoctupus nws 160 and refugium dont run any gfo or phos removers no problem with algae but my system been running for a while, i do a 20 percent water change every 2 weeks than at the same time i ad a scoop of red sea abc the last two months i added a calcium reactor. I dont target feed corals i mix reef riods into my fish food and thats it.My tank is a mix system softys,lps and sps and fish.
Thanks for having me.

cracker

Hello Heni ! Welcome to Reef Sanctuary. No worries about the English .We love to hear from Folks from around the world . I'm curious what fish You have in your waters .

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

+2 World wide forum

Heni

Thanks for the heart full welcome guys, will post some bucket pics of last season what was collected we call it puddle hopping,lol but lots of butterflies and they are common here moorish idols,black bean,jumping beans,cleaner wrasse,anthius lots of surgeons and they basically in every pool will down load pics soon.

Heni

Sorry for the doubles im to fast for the computer,so thats my tank not as nice as most of the guys on this forum but im a bit of a diy reefer and like too keep it simple.

Heni

Always battled phosphate and nitrate no matter how much i cleaned my aragonite the moment i took it out the battle was won.

cracker

What battling phosphates and Nitrates? Well ,that's one problem we all have around the world ! Your tank looks great !
It's so cool that these fish are in tidal pools ! Puddle hopping , I could only dream. Are there laws on collecting fishes and other marine animals ? I'm in Florida and any collecting is strictly controlled .
Next time I go looking for local fauna I will use the term !

Heni

You need a licence and that cost 75 rand probably 5 dollar lol and you can take as much marine fish as you want to and soft coral any sps or live rock is not allowed.

Heni

Not all the fish in my tank was caught some were bought ,not everything is reef friendly and im picky.

Heni

The anthius,and banded surgeon is full up here very common and the cleaner is a good catch.