Green mandarin

sirrealism

AHHHH ok then the 6 line has consumed most of your pods. Yes keep hatching. I have it down 2 about 3 mins a day and am hatching everyday now. But I feed them to my corals in 5 reef tanks so I need them a lot

sirrealism

You have had no issues with the 6 line? I keep hearing stories that when they get big they get very mean. I wonder if thats what happened to your mandarins tail?

NanaReefer

He will definitely out compete your Mandarin for pods. Check out Paul B's Mandarin feeding station. Very cool, works like a charm. Added to your tank and your Mandarin will be fat and happy in no time.

rufus2008

Here's the best belly shot i could get.
518457d87d39ce391fc85c6d5e295e89.jpg
bf79ccc05ee0eae2cb3fea5ccbc1720e.jpg

rufus2008

I'm hoping he'll catch on to the feeder soon. Man those ricordea sting as bad as my bta's ouch. Hand is sore and swollen lesson learned.

rufus2008

It's collecting air, not sure why, i made another one and attached the airline to the top. Going to put that one in tomorrow. This one is tipping on it's side.

NanaReefer

His belly looks pretty sunken in :( In stead of rocks inside the container, try super gluing a large piece of rock to the bottom of the container. Then just push rock beneath the sand. Rocks hidden from sight, containers stable. What size mesh are you using? It looks much to fine to me.

sirrealism

I know your not having issues with the 6 line but you might consider removing him so the mandarin has more food. IMO I would rather have the mandarin then the 6 line since the chances are pretty good that the 6 line will give you issues in the future.

NanaReefer

It's însect netting so pretty fine. Maybe I'll poke a few larger holes in the new one.

I believe Paul B uses nylon stocking pulled very tightly. You've made a nice little feeder there and I'd love to see it work out for your Mandarin :) Please, check Paul's threads out. He's had great success with his Dragonets. IMO he's the go to expert :)