Green algae

DaveR11

Any ideas on what this is. It came in on the piece of live rock it is living on. None of my CUC touch it nor do my two tangs (a Kole and a yellow). It hasn't spread much and I quite like it. It is a bright splash of green in the tank but just wondered if if was invasive.....

Apologies for the poor photo. There is no good angle to photograph it from...

DaveK

I'm not sure if @nanoreefing4fun made the correct id. To me your algae looks a bit different.

Even so, it's not an issue unless it starts to take over. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a problem later.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I was wondering if it is "clear" looking... if so, then maybe I would guess or look at some macro algae type...

maybe

Boergesenia or Bornetella oligospora

see what others think... 10's of thousands of macro algaes

DaveR11

Thanks @DaveK and @nanoreefing4fun.

As I said it has barely spread in 3 months and I like the splash of bright green so going to stick with it. I've had lots of the different algaes so far - brown diatoms (came and went), green hair (the tangs and CUC did for it), red cyano (mostly gone but still a bit on the rocks) and green bubble (just picked it off by hand) - The 4 algaes of the apocalypse?. On the plus side I'm seeing lots of coraline growth now - pink on the rocks, back wall and some red on the two live rocks and some pink filamentous stuff on the live rocks.

SubRosa

Thanks @DaveK and @nanoreefing4fun.

As I said it has barely spread in 3 months and I like the splash of bright green so going to stick with it. I've had lots of the different algaes so far - brown diatoms (came and went), green hair (the tangs and CUC did for it), red cyano (mostly gone but still a bit on the rocks) and green bubble (just picked it off by hand) - The 4 algaes of the apocalypse?. On the plus side I'm seeing lots of coraline growth now - pink on the rocks, back wall and some red on the two live rocks and some pink filamentous stuff on the live rocks.
Coralline algae growth a plus? Just wait.......