Great Barrier Reef Loses Half its coral

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
It was very nice Steve.. and yes sir, it had many letters

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

steved13

PREMIUM
I heard it was kind of like a movie in your head but the actors mispronounced a lot of the words.

yankieman

304354_10151089802213983_311003304_n.jpg

Ken Nedermyer had a very interesting talk at MACNA on the same topic only in Florida about how the hard staghorn coals have died out in the last 30 years ,, he had pics of 30 years ago up till recent and its amazing the difference ,, He said most people dont notice it when they dive or look at the reef and from what I read on the Great Barrier Reef decline it sounds like the same reasons he described in his talk,,, Now the good news , in Florida at least they are restoring the reef with "gardens if you will" of corals they are growing on the bottom using "coral trees" to hang the hard corals in to grow out and its just amazing what they are doing down there to actually rebuild the reefs ,,,,, check out this site,,,,, Coral Reefs Restoration Case Study: Florida Keys

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Nature has a way of finding ballance even if we dont see how. For man to claim we have the ability on purpose or accident, short of nuclear war, to affect the climate in a good or bad way is the height of arrogance. Global warming has been around for about 15 years, before that, it was global cooling. Some people just need a looming catastropy to worry about. Ask yourslef this though. If the industrial revolution, which started 100+ years ago, is the cause of global warming, why have global co2 levels only gone up 3.5%. When a fire burns down a forest, new growth explodes to replace it. When a valcano makes a new island above sea level, life immediately creaps in and takes over. Nature finds ballance folks. That isnt a fact we can alter. If we launched every nuke we have, most people, plants animals would die, and for hundreds of years life would struggle under harsh global winter conditions. But eventually it would come back. Our global climate is in a constant state of flux.

yankieman

Nature has a way of finding ballance even if we dont see how. For man to claim we have the ability on purpose or accident, short of nuclear war, to affect the climate in a good or bad way is the height of arrogance. Global warming has been around for about 15 years, before that, it was global cooling. Some people just need a looming catastropy to worry about. Ask yourslef this though. If the industrial revolution, which started 100+ years ago, is the cause of global warming, why have global co2 levels only gone up 3.5%. When a fire burns down a forest, new growth explodes to replace it. When a valcano makes a new island above sea level, life immediately creaps in and takes over. Nature finds ballance folks. That isnt a fact we can alter. If we launched every nuke we have, most people, plants animals would die, and for hundreds of years life would struggle under harsh global winter conditions. But eventually it would come back. Our global climate is in a constant state of flux.

Hmmm then correct me if im wrong ,, what your saying is just let man continue to pollute his world and nature will take care of things for us ?

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Im saying, if man were the only cause of climate change, then why can climate change be traced back thousands of years? Im not saying we are innocent, nor that we may or may not be contributing to the issues, but earths climate has been shifting and changing since long before man. The sun has much to do with our temporate climate. When the sun gets warmer(last 20 years), earth warms. When the sun cools, earth cools. from what i've read, we are wrapping up a warming period, due to start a cooling trend in 2014-20. we shall see. Man isnt without blame, but doesnt deserve all of it. I've been to afghanistan, where they burn old tires, plastic bottles, and many other toxic chemicals that we here in the US woudlnt dream of doing. They burn trash to keep warm. they burn used motor oil to heat their homes in winter. Things we do not. We bury it and save it for later. Which is doin more damage? I dont know.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
HEHE take it as you wish. But for as long as history has been recorded, there have been men screaming the end is near. Their reasons for thinking that have changed, but i havent seen proof any of em have been right yet.