Grant’s Move to RSM C-250

grantn

I definitely love this hobby. I’ve been in it since I was 16, 37 years, except for a few years break while I was in college. I’ve been impressed by the Red Sea tanks because everything is included and I don’t’ want to go through another custom build. Anyway, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a RSM C-250 a few weeks back it arrived last Friday. Now I have to get busy putting it together.

neildradford

PREMIUM
Really cool Grant, good luck, please keep us updated with your tank progress.

Regards Neil.

Feel free to read my reef chronicle (link under my avatar)

grantn

Here is the tank after just being delivered. (see post from Mark9, a few posts down from this one ) I’ve never had a tank delivered before. I’m using my GoPro to take the pictures cause the colors always come out better. So excuse the wide angle. There’s a way to reduce that but I think it makes the picture look artsy. I’ll try a mixture of both.

Last edited:

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
I could see the picture only if I linked to your address.
Looks like it will display in-thread if you use the right click "location" with cursor on picture.

public_file_binary.php

grantn

I rolled the tank out to the garage on a furniture dolly for a leak test because Red Sea recommended it in the manual. Filled it to within 1” and left it for ½ hour and I’m glad to say no leaks. I’m still working on the stand. Has anybody used glue on the wood dowels when building the stand? The directions don’t say much, it just has pictures.
public_file_binary.php

Danreef

I rolled the tank out to the garage on a furniture dolly for a leak test because Red Sea recommended it in the manual. Filled it to within 1” and left it for ½ hour and I’m glad to say no leaks. I’m still working on the stand. Has anybody used glue on the wood dowels when building the stand? The directions don’t say much, it just has pictures.
public_file_binary.php

For my 250 (not C) furniture I did not used glue. But why not. It is an extra help. I didn't though about it.

For the leak test I filled it full over the furniture and let it for 24 hours.

Daniel

Roy Page

public_file_binary.php

Hello Grant,

Really no need to use glue at all, the panel interlocking system works very well, just make sure the "connector screws" and nice and tight.

See http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...175-roys-red-sea-max-c-250-a.html#post1251032

And this video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIWX0uaC9Cw&list=PLIEQ8c7aMTInA6oY_NA5F7KWzvC5xDIAk

Roy

grantn

Here is some of the livestock I have to move from my current tank to the C-250 as soon as I’m ready. I can’t wait.
public_file_binary.php

A pipe organ coral along with some mushrooms in the 120 gal before the move. Some zoa on the left. And there’s a small branching type Montipora on the sand behind the pipe organ.

public_file_binary.php

10” Derasa , a bunch of Ricordea, and some Zoanthids. The Ricordea are all squished together it’s hard to recognize them. I probably have over hundred Ricordea polyps. I think I started with 3. Same for mushrooms. I need to get rid of most of them because they aren’t going to fit in the C-250.

grantn

It only took me three weeks to get this far. No one ever called me quick. But I think I picked the perfect spot, it looks like the tank will fit right in.

public_file_binary.php

Roy Page

It's coming along Grant, hope you are going to fill it soon and we will be able to follow along as you move your rock and corals into their new home :eek:lsmile:

BTW there is something strange with the photo, bent walls?

Roy

grantn

GoPro camera, maybe?

Yes, it's a GoPro Hero 3+ Black. I have it on the most narrow setting and it still has a wide angle view. I like it because the colors and brightness are better than other cameras I have. I wonder if that's what my room really looks like to my fish, or if they just call it fisheye because the camera lens is shaped like the lens of a fish's eye.

Roy Page

Yes, it's a GoPro Hero 3+ Black. I have it on the most narrow setting and it still has a wide angle view. I like it because the colors and brightness are better than other cameras I have.
Geez, Grant that is bad, if you have it on the Narrow setting.
My Drift HD "helmet camera" has straight vertical lines in the Narrow setting and "fisheye" on the Wide setting.
Maybe try the camera in your phone, I think that would likely be much better.

Roy