got the goahead 4 led's.. r these good?

kyle4201

Title says it all. Have $600 in the "ok" fund. What I dont spend on led's can go somewhere else (thinking corals, lol). Tank is 4 foot long, 2 foot deep, so if these r not good I am looking 4 options that will not leave me wanting! I am also a diy extremists, so if AWESOME diy kits r available 4 the price ill look into them! Please help, this is 1 area im totally a noob at.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/review/product/list/id/2750/category/76/

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah I woudl say that on a budget of $600 (assuming you want new), Reef Radiance has some good deals. He passes the savings on to the customer so you get a nice light. We got 3 for our firehouse 180, really good spread and they seem well built so far.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:snshne: Good Luck Shopping Kyle, I know you'll make it shine :snshne::snshne::snshne:

kyle4201

thx guys. It was sneeky of me but Im getting it done. Bought a torch coral, was BEAUTIFUL in the store, orange and blue and stuff. (knowing it wouldnt look like that at home). Got it home, was asked, "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED????" I replied, we dont have LED's and all our coral looks worse than it should. got the thumbs up. tee hee

Last edited:

kyle4201

Sounds good!! What part of that is DIY?? Will you have to build a hood for 'em?
lol @ d, well, 1st, as bear told me, a fully DIY kit would cost more. 2nd, I will be dismantling my t5 hood system, rewiring it, installing the LED's (some how) and re installing my moon lights, so thats the diy part I guess, lollol. I never thought id go with LED's, I never thought id get corals, or a bad a@@ skimmer, or build a fuge, (2 of them now), or water stations with RO/ID and an ATO system, 40g QT,,, not to mention all the countless hours of research and the amount of knowledge ive learned. I JUST WANTED SOME COOL FISH!!!!!! LOLLOL. I looked at my date on the tank,, ITS ONLY BEEN 4 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! it feels like a year. Is it normal to do all this like Im doing? and with the success im having? I do owe %98 of it to every1 on here and for that Im thankful!!!!

Ratpack

Those are the same ones I ordered Sunday. I assume you bought 2 and you said they are on sale, did you get them for less than $309 shipped?

kyle4201

Those are the same ones I ordered Sunday. I assume you bought 2 and you said they are on sale, did you get them for less than $309 shipped?
it was 309 exactly. lol I also got the 60 degree covers, just incase I want to lover the lights or focus them better. I can only go from 6 to 8 inches above the water and the cap on my tank goes in about 4 inches all the way around. The water opening is not very big,, might have to narrow them a little.

Juli2nneJla

Has been struck by the ban stick
Shoot! Just saw dimensions. Id need 2 of them. Soooo, suggestions?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg