Good price for a used RSM 130 and 130D?

SeattleReefGuy

I know prices can vary around the country and even around the world but what would be a good price on a stock (or close to it) used RSM 130 and/or 130D? I'm keeping my eye out for one now and they pop up every now and then but not seeing them enough to get an idea of a solid price. I checked out fleabay to see pricing and a 130D sold recently for $279 but that seemed like a really good deal for one in working order. :bang head:

I have also seen one locally (RSM 130) on CL for $600 w/upgrades...

Upgrades:
• RSM's upgraded Recirc pump (brand new)
• Upgrade surface skimmer (brand new)
• Original adjustable skimmer gate (brand new)
• Tunze 9002 Skimmer with original skimmer cup and inTank cup
• inTank Media Basket
• Original Hood with new fans installed
• Current USA 24" 150W MH Outer Orbit with legs, Hanging kit and 2mo old 14000k Phoenix bulb)
• JBJ ATO with MJ1200
• 3 used original rsm recirc pumps
• Eheim Jager Heater (I think it is 100w, either way it works)

I'm not too interested in the light as I want to use the stock hood and don't want to use MH but everything else seem like nice additions, just not sure about that price.

Anyway I'm just trying to figure things out price wise so I can snag a deal when one comes along.

I'm been wanting a RSM for a long time now!

Cheers!

Hello Ryan, A used 130/130D here in aus are selling between $400 and $600. A tank with all them upgrades sounds like a great deal to me.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
When I upgraded to my RSM 250, I sold my 130D for $350, 2 years old, everything work & I considered it a good deal.

Hope this helps... note the 130D has several significant upgrades over the 130, a 130 will also be several years older & closer to parts needing replaced, like pumps.

Red Sea Max tanks are in demand & hold their value better than many sw tanks, this said, one with everything working properly, think around 1/2 of retail - imo - as a good deal.

If interested, I would also consider trying to find a new 130D, that are being closed out, with the just released RSM 130C , my guess is you will soon be able to find them discounted a couple hundred dollars somewhere.

You can checkout parts prices here...
http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Red-Sea-Max-130-130D_c38.htm

SeattleReefGuy

Thanks guys, good to know! That one sold already but since it was on CL I don't know if he got what he asked for but I'm sure it was close to the asking price. Yes I would like to look for a 130D for sure!

Danreef

Check with your local store if they still have the old model at a lower price brand new. I just got my RSM 250 brand new for $1300 because the warehouse that sells to my local shop had only 11 tanks and just 1 stand (white pearl) that I can paint if I do not like the combination of white and black. Standard price was $1600 at my local store. The new RSMC250 price at my local store will be $2000

The new models are already arriving to USA and old stock needs to go. At least that is what my store told me.

SeattleReefGuy

I knew I shouldn't have looked at CL where my sister lives (SoCA) I see several 130's and 250's on there... there are two 103D's (one for $200 and one for $250) :hammerhea Haven't looked into shipping but i'm guessing big money and not worth the extra money and stress of it....sigh!

Danreef, you were right! Down in CA a shop is selling the 130D's for $650 new... too bad I don't live there!

Danreef

http://www.uship.com/

If you do not have any local shop to buy it, try uShip. The system is fantastic and I used it a lot with my Cash Register collection hobby buying heavy brass cash registers around USA. Is really cheaper than any standard company . Take a look to it.

Foreclosefl

I guess I did good. I paid $80 for a 130 all stock but working. A few scratches on the glass but with the base as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RsmJoe130

I own both models. I bought both in the last three months. I paid 300 for each of mine. The 130 came with live rock fish and upgraded skimmer and basket and bunch of other stuff good deal. The 130 d came with upgraded skimmer and baskets. The replaced the light bulbs so I knew how old they were. I personally think the 130d is a better unit. The hood is nicer on opening up all the way. The two or four moon lights are a difference. I am upgrading them to Crees led and so much nicer with the 4 of them. I hope this helps you. The130d did come with a stand and the other one did not. Good luck.