Golden Midas Blenny?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Who has one & what fish will they not get along with?
I've done searches & there doesn't seem to be any info. Just says "use caution" when adding other blennies to the same tank. There are several other bennies that I love the looks of but I DO NOT want aggressive fights going on in my tank. Of the fish I have, my Blenny is the only one who bites me when I have my arms in the tank. :bugout:
He is very nice & fair (only chases away from his look out ledge) with my clowns & cherub angel.
It's about time I can add another fish & I don't want to mess up & cause trouble.
Any experiences with Midas Blennies that you can share is appreciated. :D

CarlJ

I have never had one and my observation of the specific fish is even fairly limited, but in general with gobies and blennies, if they are too closely related or prefer the same types of territory, there is prone to being some territory dispute. This often extends to fish not related that look too much like themselves. The midas and your other blenny both like rock perches, so they will get along best if you have several such features that are not all grouped together. If I can assume this guy would go into the tank listed in your signature, and if I can assume you'ld only have the two blennies, you are most likely going to be okay if you have lots of 'ledges'. My yellow clown likes to perch on the rubber cap of my heater. I'd look at one of the compatability charts such as you find in most of the online purveyors' sites to determine if there would be potential problems with your other inhabitants.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I think you'd be safe with anything other than another blenny. I've never seen a blenny be aggressive other than to guard there spot on the ledge/in the barnacle.

ReefApprentice

My bleeny sometimes chases other fish during feeding but other than that he is shy.He is also the only one in my tank who will bite the arm/hand that feeds him.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the replies. I looked at other fish today while I was close to the fish store that I like best. I think I'm going to hold off getting anymore fish until I set up a quarantine tank. I'm so in love with the 4 fish that I have, I don't want to chance an Ich outbreak. Have you ever felt that way? I guess most people quarantine new fish....just seems sad to put them in total isolation for six weeks, you think that would cause them to really stress out :(