Gluing down

JeffJohnson23

Hi

I have a sea fan that keeps getting knocked over by my sea horses. I was wondering if I can glue it down to my live rock. What do you think? What glue should I use?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Never glued a fan buddy sorry. However I use super glue gel n with a little fiddling it works great.

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

JeffJohnson23

I found this on a web site that sells these and it said
Underwater epoxy is commonly used to anchor its base to a piece of live rock in the reef aquarium.
Is underwater epoxy the same as your super gel glue?

dmatt88

Same idea however different product. I'm talking a bottle of super glue gel from Lowes. Squeeze things on the side is the one with no waste.

Built347

i have had to glue everything in my tank due to rogue snails.. super glue gel.. the stuff you buy at the aquarium store.. pull the coral out.. load on the glue and right back in the tank it goes.. hold it there for 30 seconds and its not going anywhere.

dmatt88

Something always knocking stuff over. But losing the collector urchin helped.

brandon

Go to the dollar tree and get. You get 3 tubes for a buck you cant beat it. Reef safe epoxy puttys can be a bit pricey. $12-$20 depending where you go

phantom2991

so just buying the regular old super glue gel that is used for everything doesnt have anything in it that will hurt the tank?

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
wel21_e0.gif

dmatt88

phantom2991 said:
so just buying the regular old super glue gel that is used for everything doesnt have anything in it that will hurt the tank?

That's the stuff! Gel. That's impt.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
i find the epoxy stuff hard to work with coral, fine for rock work though. I will always use glue for coral henceforth.

Built347

i always figured reg superglue gel had to have something in it that would hurt the tank.. forcing me to buy 20 dollar glue from marine solutions. your my new best friend..lol

DesertOrchid

I use super glue gel for my fans... works great. Just be sure to only let the very base of the fan come in contact with the air as you glue it... dry it lightly with paper towel, apply glue and as you submerge it will turn white.... then put into place and hold for 20 secs or so. Just make sure your current doesn't blow it around till it has time to set or it will just blow right off and you have to start over again. Good luck !!