Gloves

RDrink25

What are some thin aquarium gloves to use? I have been using ones like you get for the kitchen only I have still been stung like 5 times. I am highly allergic person and everytime it has happened I have had an elevated hart breathing was hard and the first time I went to the ER. Any advice?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
through the glove? if so you shouldn't be in the tank at all! be very careful around your eyes, maybe a hazmat suit? ask you local veterinarian about shoulder length gloves, some of the stuff in our tanks becomes even worse with repeated exposure

RDrink25

NO the first time was not wearing gloves and other times disturbed water has got under the glove since it only goes up a little.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
oh good, you can get tank gloves on line but the vet ones are disposable, nothing creepier than putting on a damp glove yuck lol

DesertOrchid

Go to Drs Foster Smith online to get a long pair of gloves made especially for our tanks they are blue with long orange sleeves. They look and feel a little bulky but when you immerse your hands/arms in the tank the water pressure helps them to form fit making it easier to work in the tank and protect your skin. Be careful... repeated exposure makes a person more prone to severe allergic reactions.