GlennF's reefing heaven!

rostervandross

Hey Glenn I thought of another question to drop in and ask. Remembered you made note of supplementing amino acids or something for polyps/zoanthids. What do you use and how to you expose the corals? Just treat the entire water volume?

glennf

the Amino/vitamineC supplement is only being used in case of, all water values being just fine and all coral doing well... except for some zoanthids.
using to much amino for the wrong purposed may case unwanted pest and a brown sludge (dino) on your sandbed.

4b5c356d9a83c0a735953ed45ca6f3c1.jpg

5e6ead642870d861b58b1ff473339f6b.jpg

4b1f947cad3e810f4178abd9ae1f4f51.jpg

Happy Reefing, GlennF.

Squatch XXL

I need to raise the waterlevel of my tank..
Your tank still is one of the best. I have looked over these posts of yours many times in the past and it is really amazing how crammed in there the corals are, but they seem to be doing quite well. As for raising the water level....You know what you need. If you continue to keep all of your corals, you may need a larger tank. I know you are thinking about it. We are all here to support you and make you want a larger tank.

glennf

Your tank still is one of the best. I have looked over these posts of yours many times in the past and it is really amazing how crammed in there the corals are, but they seem to be doing quite well. As for raising the water level....You know what you need. If you continue to keep all of your corals, you may need a larger tank. I know you are thinking about it. We are all here to support you and make you want a larger tank.
Thanks m8.
The density of corals vs water volume is amazing. I never even thought it to be possible. Still the corals keep on thriving.
I have a mineral consumption of;
Alk=4dKH/24h and Calcium 17ppm/24h

I indeed have plans to go large...
This tank i now 22y old and needs replacing.

Happy Reefing, GlennF.

Oxylebius

With the density of the corals that you have, has it been a challenge to keep enough random current flow over them so that the corals thrive?